• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Adventure Sonic (SA-Sonic) Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regular Sonic is getting pretty close to being done, but it depends on how many frames we settle on for the remaining animations. Right now there's the idle and death sprites, but I'd also like to have a skidding frame, and there are still touch ups to older sprites I need to make for consistency, but those I'll save until the end of development, because I'm kind of raring to move on to Super for a change of pace.

I think I have a finalized CSS art (I showed an earlier version of this drawing in the SRB2 server a few days ago):
XbDvkTd.png

ujuiwTU.png
Ive already seen it so I'm going to say what I already said
Really cool dude, I like it

Regular Sonic is getting pretty close to being done, but it depends on how many frames we settle on for the remaining animations. Right now there's the idle and death sprites, but I'd also like to have a skidding frame, and there are still touch ups to older sprites I need to make for consistency, but those I'll save until the end of development, because I'm kind of raring to move on to Super for a change of pace.

I think I have a finalized CSS art (I showed an earlier version of this drawing in the SRB2 server a few days ago):
XbDvkTd.png

ujuiwTU.png
TAKE MY MONEY! TAKE IT! Oh wait. We're getting this mod for free... Take my positive reception!

he did. just not the sa1 ver.
...I did? Pretty sure it's just been running, springing and falling so far.

ujuiwTU.png
That's it. We can throw all other CSS art in the trash, we have reached a new level. Bold and beautiful, I can't believe Sonic is coming to SRB2 soon.

I could go rogue and set up a Patreon and make profit on Sega's IP and stir up a ton of internet drama.
If you suddenly get thousands of dollars from a single Patron.....you know where it's coming from.

I believe the abilities have already been finished
Yep! Just doing bonus things, bugfixes, refinements and physics tweaks.(Which to be fair, always take more time than anticipated) My lightdash still SUCKS atm. Metal's still contemplating on doing Sonic Advance spring tricks later. Personally I think he's great even without them. But hey, it'd give the player something to actually do after being launched with a spring, so I'm hardly against it.

It'd be at this point that I semi expect a Dash-mode much like Advance 2/3. Not entirely sure if it would be correct, but I'd understand if y'all would wanna keep that away from people. Other moves I've been speculating are that one potential Air-Dash that stacks momentum from Advance 2, and possibly the spring tricks being overall implemented. Theories, Theories.🤔

It'd be at this point that I semi expect a Dash-mode much like Advance 2/3. Not entirely sure if it would be correct, but I'd understand if y'all would wanna keep that away from people. Other moves I've been speculating are that one potential Air-Dash that stacks momentum from Advance 2, and possibly the spring tricks being overall implemented. Theories, Theories.🤔
Metalwario did have Advance-inspired ideas in mind, so I've coded examples for him to show how they'd mesh with Adventure Sonic's moveset. Most turned out unfitting, being either redundant or overpowered in combinations with his other skills. I haven't made a spring trick showcase yet, though. Maybe I SHOULD just incase it doesn't mesh well either....

We're mainly focusing on translating the Adventure era feel to SRB2! There's always the Sonic Advance pk3 if too few Advance ideas make it in!

By the way, having tried Chaos Mode recently, I'll definitely support that as well! A Chaos Mode-only limitation to the Lightspeed Attack should be all that's needed!

Attachments

• srb21002.gif
    srb21002.gif
    5.8 MB · Views: 127
Metalwario did have Advance-inspired ideas in mind, so I've coded examples for him to show how they'd mesh with Adventure Sonic's moveset. Most turned out unfitting, being either redundant or overpowered in combinations with his other skills. I haven't made a spring trick showcase yet, though. Maybe I SHOULD just incase it doesn't mesh well either....

We're mainly focusing on translating the Adventure era feel to SRB2! There's always the Sonic Advance pk3 if too few Advance ideas make it in!

By the way, having tried Chaos Mode recently, I'll definitely support that as well! A Chaos Mode-only limitation to the Lightspeed Attack should be all that's needed!
am I missing something with that gif of sonic sharing his powers like in sonic heroes?

No, if you played Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast, you would know it better than i do.
You were probably looking at a mod bc I know there's an sa1 mod that dose that
Post automatically merged:

But in the regular game he doesn't do that especially not the dreamcast version

Post automatically merged:

But in the regular game he doesn't do that especially not the dreamcast version
He does actually it's kinda in the steam version(this mostly happens after standing still after landing from a jump)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back