Adding Character WAD Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I made my own Character WAD but when I go to srb2 and try to load it, it exits out and gives me an error message.
SRB2 Error
Signal_Handler (): segment violation

Could someone help me PLEASE! :(

Simple, two things are usually wrong.

1. You are missing sprites for your wad, therefore, the wad will crash.

2. PLAYA1 (all "A" sprites), PLAYB1 (all "B" sprites), and the PLAYa1 (all "a" sprites) PLAYb1 (all "b" sprites) are conflicting eachother. Download the latest XWE beta, and under the options, make sure it doesn't auto capitalise your sprites.

You know, all of these questions are in the Wiki and many other sources, right?

I checked and everything is there. And I did use the wink as a turtoral. Also I used the latest version of XWE. And I made sure that the letters wern't capitalised. :( :(

shadow1111 said:
I was just missing a sprite. Well I guess I'm better go back to cutting myself. :evil:
Wow, that is SO nice to hear! That's great news! That was the most logical thing to post right there! It is certainly not trying to draw attention to yourself (why would I even think that?)!

lol @ emo

Ok, so you were missing a sprite, and you're going to go cut yourself? Cool. I do it too! We should have a "cutting ourselves" party sometime.

Mabe wit webcam, o wait no omg ur probly ugly my mom doesnt like strangers thats why she stays in the house and cuts herself 2

...and Segmint takes it too far again!

Anyhow, if you have any more problems with your wad, skim the Wiki to make sure you didn't miss anything vital.

...because knowing is half the battle.

And because the SRB2 wiki (and Wikipedia itself) has everything you could possibly know about anything, it will be one hell of a battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back