Actual LEGO Sonic Sets are supposed to release?

Chezi

Chili Dogs
Remember how Sonic was in LEGO Dimensions? Well that inspired someone to submit a Sonic Mania set for LEGO Ideas and it got over 10,000 votes. The original idea had some Green Hill platforms, a loop, and the Death Egg Robot in addition to LEGO Dimensions’ Sonic and a hodge podge Eggman. The new one... well I’ll let you look at it

5f6d1b16.jpg

Fun Fact!:The person who created this was Toaster which is someone worked on 2.2 and srb2 kart

Yep, this was me! Just to quickly correct the title - this partnership will produce exactly one set. There's precedent that LEGO Minecraft, which begun exactly the same way via Ideas, became a theme EVENTUALLY since it did incredibly well - but that's no certainty for Sonic and if it did happen I wouldn't be involved. Still, thanks for your excitement! ^u^

Oh wow I didn't realize someone in the SRB2 community submitted it. Small world. I gave this one my support a while back and I am super pumped to see it happen. I think this could turn into it's own Lego Franchise due to the sheer popularity of the Sonic Series and the amount of games it has brings a lot of possibilities to what they can make.

Also, I'm noticing that since this is a Lego Version of Classic Sonic. Not really surprising considering what game this is, but the surprising part about it is that they're finally making short legs that can bend. Can't wait to see that implemented in future Lego sets of all types!

Yep, this was me! Just to quickly correct the title - this partnership will produce exactly one set. There's precedent that LEGO Minecraft, which begun exactly the same way via Ideas, became a theme EVENTUALLY since it did incredibly well - but that's no certainty for Sonic and if it did happen I wouldn't be involved. Still, thanks for your excitement! ^u^

When I heard it was made by "toastergrl" I thought "Wait, it can't be our toaster can it?" And it is! Congrats, this is awesome!

Not really surprising considering what game this is, but the surprising part about it is that they're finally making short legs that can bend. Can't wait to see that implemented in future Lego sets of all types!

I think the bricks used in builds pitched to LEGO Ideas are limited to those that already exist, which if correct means short bending legs were already a thing!

I think the bricks used in builds pitched to LEGO Ideas are limited to those that already exist, which if correct means short bending legs were already a thing!

The original one had regular short legs unfortunately. This is what the pitch looked like. It does show how serious they’re taking this set by creating all new pieces to make it happen! On a separate note, it’s really cool to see how far this set got in terms of content

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F02%2Flego-ideas-sonic-mania-green-hill-zone-concept-001.jpg

That was the original version of the pitch from February 2019. I updated it in January 2020, and that's what's been shown in the first image of this thread.

How the final set will look like is a secret for now, and I can't answer any questions beyond basic queries about how this entire situation works, or questions specifically regarding the pitch model(s).

That was the original version of the pitch from February 2019. I updated it in January 2020, and that's what's been shown in the first image of this thread.

How the final set will look like is a secret for now, and I can't answer any questions beyond basic queries about how this entire situation works, or questions specifically regarding the pitch model(s).

Oh that’s something I didn’t know. I thought that first image was Lego’s first version of the final product. I guess short movable legs are a thing that exist

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back