A Truly Cooperative Level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, SRB2 has a co-op mode.

But has anybody ever thought about making a TRUELY cooperative singleplayer stage? SRB2 gives us the ability to make player 1, player 2, and player 3 all start in completely seperate areas of a stage.

So what if a stage was set up like that? Almost like three seperate stages -- Player 1 cannot access Player 2's route, for instance, and Player 2 can't get to Player 1. But they must work together pressing certain switches for each other to advance through the stage, and eventually, complete it.

With the advent of Lindef executors, such an idea could really be brought into fruition.

Food for thought indeed.

hmph.....I like the way you think. Great Idea!!
It sounds like somthing worth trying.....
I like it, thats for sure!!

Sonknuck23

Something like Four Swords! Not only would it be intensely co-op, but you'd really be able to put linedef executors to work there. Fun!

BlazeHedgehog said:
A Truely Cooperative Level?

Sorry, I had to fix that. It was bugging me.

As for the idea, I think it's a great one. It's about time we had something like Four Swords (or Mario Party 4's "Dungeon Duos") in a 3D Sonic game. :P

I would try it, but then I would just give up on it like I do with all my other projects (console wad, srb2 island, Supah Sonic Racing... you get the idea).

Mystic said:
Don't bug people about simple spelling errors, please.

It happens.

Of course it happens. Blaze is the only one I bug about it though, and it's a humurous bugging. It happens so much that I know it's a surefire way to knock his nerves around. :E

Although doing it anywhere other than IRC is probably a bad idea.

Well, if you don't have enough players, you're screwed. Perhaps that's something for 1.09/1.1? A little note in the header for "minimum amount of players"? Or can you do that client-side when you set up a game?

To limit this happening you could only do a two or so player level.

A 2-player coop stage would be quite interesting, to say the least, with a ton of one sided passages and stuff.

However, I'm busy enough as it is =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back