A thought on srb2...

Do you think this is a good idea? Would you help?

• HECK YEA! I"D HELP!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's awesome, but I don't know how to make wads.

• Pretty cool sounding,but....

• No way.

• Spaz16 is gay for thinking of this.

• Spaz16 is still gay but this is cool...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spaz16

I was playing SSN Tail's The Wizard preview. Well, I noticed it seemed to run on a doom engine. But the sprites and and backrounds were RENDERED! Real 3-D graphics. So my question is, What's holding SRB2 back from being like this? More importantly, could we make this a community project to create this enhanced graphiced SRB2?

But seriously, Mystic, SSN Tails, CZ64, or Blaze, just let me know if this was a waste of space. I just thought if we could get the best wadders on the site to work on this, then SRB2 would get even more recognition and people everywhere would wow at this fan game. It basically is the #1 fan game on the web right now, so why not keep it that way?

Wizard was not made in doom..
And SRB2 uses real rendered backgrounds and stuff if you'd take the time to play in OpenGL mode.

spaz16 said:
I was playing SSN Tail's The Wizard preview. Well, I noticed it seemed to run on a doom engine. But the sprites and and backrounds were RENDERED!

Find me a WAD file with the Wizards preview.

TheDarkArchon said:
spaz16 said:
I was playing SSN Tail's The Wizard preview. Well, I noticed it seemed to run on a doom engine. But the sprites and and backrounds were RENDERED!

It's not a WAD, it's a game of it's own.

SRB2 can't do models (I say can't because they only work in OGL mode and they screw up half the time) because it's rendering engine is less advanced. The Wizard Need's Food Badly can do models because it's based on a more polygonal engine.

Draykon said:
TheDarkArchon said:
spaz16 said:

It's not a WAD, it's a game of it's own.

That's the point: If it was Doom Engine, all the resources would be in WAD's and not loose (AJ, please say you're changing this for the final version *crosses fingers*).

High Hat 314 said:
That's because its a Quake engine.
Uh, no. Wizard is not based off of the Quake engine; in fact, it's not based off of ANY engine. SSNTails coded the Wizard engine on his own, it's all his work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back