A SOC Problem- My boss won't die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal96

At the end of a new level I am making, you come to a large room with rising slime and an Egg Slimer boss you have to defeat.

It is on a donut-shaped platform with the boss flying in the middle. But, this causes problems with the pogo stick thing at the end, as the boss falls into the slime and cannot be killed. So I edited the Thing to have a damage of 0 (that's the only thing I changed) so it wouldn't go into the pogo stick stage, but for some reason it doesn't go into XDeathState and thus doesn't trigger the Object Special flag to end the level.

http://sites.google.com/site/metal96site/Home/mods-and-wads-for-srb2/s_mechnicalforest.wad?

(Yes, I know I spelled mechanical wrong. I'll fix it for the release. Also, the Player 1 start point is edited for simplicity.)

Last edited:
Okely dokely! It has hereby been one week, and so my intentional double post to try to bring people here to answer me has been... posted! Please help me!!! PLEASE!!!

I know you long for assistance but try not to be over dramatic about it.

And now that I think about it, a boss like the Egg slimmer and it's movements might not be consistent with your stage. Try to use Sea Egg instead but customize it so it doesn't use it's zap near it's panic state.

You have more than one boss in the level. The level will not end until all bosses are dead. Also, why do you have Eggscalibur in the level? He's not even functional yet.

Ohhhh...

The Eggscalibur is there for scenic purposes. In the elevator, you see him at a control panel with 2 Jetty-syns. I thought the level ended after the boss with the flag was dead, not all of them. Thanks! I'll edit it out now.

Oh, and about the Sea Egg, I contemplated using him, but decided against it because the 'Slimer shot purple slime: I thought it would make more sense because the rising slime is purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back