A quick question related to replacing music in SRB2

ThePainZone

“It is I, the famous Wario-Sama!!”
I have zero idea on which category to put this, so sorry if I just put it in the wrong one (I could have put it on Troubleshooting, but could it REALLY be part of troubleshooting? It's just file replacement...).

Anyways, like the title says, I want to replace the speed shoes music (And some more) in the files with something else without using WADs or PK3s, so I could listen to my desired song for it without bother. I opened Slade, replaced the Speed Shoes music with the file I wanted, then ran SRB2, but for whatever reason the game couldn't find the Speed Shoes music, so it obviously default to the MIDI one (Yes, I named it correctly, that being _SHOES or something).
So, I wanna know, if.... did I do something wrong? Do I need to follow certain conditions, like a specific file type, or anything else? ...Or did I name it in the wrong way?

I have zero idea on which category to put this, so sorry if I just put it in the wrong one (I could have put it on Troubleshooting, but could it REALLY be part of troubleshooting? It's just file replacement...).

Anyways, like the title says, I want to replace the speed shoes music (And some more) in the files with something else without using WADs or PK3s, so I could listen to my desired song for it without bother. I opened Slade, replaced the Speed Shoes music with the file I wanted, then ran SRB2, but for whatever reason the game couldn't find the Speed Shoes music, so it obviously default to the MIDI one (Yes, I named it correctly, that being _SHOES or something).
So, I wanna know, if.... did I do something wrong? Do I need to follow certain conditions, like a specific file type, or anything else? ...Or did I name it in the wrong way?
The filename for the Speed Shoes theme is O__SHOES, with two underscores. Your post says you named it O_SHOES, with only one underscore. This difference is enough to break the file.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back