a question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look for the SRB2Net launcher on the website. With it, you go to the third tab and you can set certain options, like the ability to play in OpenGL, give a manual resolution, and play in windowed mode.

Si, what you need is SRB2 SDL so you can play windowed mode in higher resolutions and in OpenGL.

What I mean is, "It would rock If I ran it." You know, future tense.

You can also turn windowed mode on and off on the fly, as well as tell the game to let go of the mouse in windowed mode.

SDL is awesome. :P

Oooh, sweet. That's another problem with normal wondowed mode, I could never do anything else.

Actually, I don't think it would be too hard to add other windowed mode sizes to the non-SDL version - I've changed it to others before. Is there a demand for that kind of thing?

Vaguely. Personally I'd like it if you could switch to windowed mode in OpenGL without having to restart the program for the change to take effect, and vice versa, by hitting Alt+Enter, but that's me...

Actually, it already does all this stuff, except that it doesn't toggle full-screen/windowed mode until you change the game resolution.

Here I'm running OpenGL at 1152x864, and it's nice and big. My only complaints about windowed-mode are problems with OpenGL. You see, it just thinks it's okay to remove the beautiful skinning from my window. It is NOT okay, I do NOT want some ugly !#& window with the classic style theming. That's ugly as hell. The other part I don't like is that it won't let you move the window. It's stuck like glue to the upper-left corner of the screen. You can click and drag the window or choose the Move option from the context menu, but after you move it, it just decides that it's alright to move back to the corner again. There's also an issue with staying on top, but SRB2JTE fixes this.

Oh yeah, and I'm running OpenGL in windowed mode because OpenGL is stupid and doesn't position the full-screen window properly on the screen, so I have to change to a window and then back to full-screen again so that it covers the whole screen and doesn't have an annoying gap on the edges.

Long live DirectX 9!

Yep, you're right. And OpenGL has a wall of rendering issues. It's the best we've got right now though, and I wouldn't want it removed anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back