A n00bish problem with levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made two levels so far. The first one sucks. The second one . . . looks, on WadAuthor, like it'd actually be pretty decent. In SRB2, it looks like this:
srb20000ge1.png

And Sonic continuously falls in the death pit that the ground should be protecting him from. Does anyone know what causes this?

Could give you more information if you gave a download link with the map.

I can (obviously) tell you that the screenshot looks messed up, but without the map itself to look at, none of us can be much help to you.

I've had this problem before on my first map. You put a fof lindef in there, causing instant death. Make a sector outside the map, put the lindeff there, and set up the tags. Oh, and set the floor, celing, sides, and heights.

Edit: Grammer nazi ahoy. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

-SRB2 Guy

I took the time to fix it (sorta). PM me if you want it, then look in it using XWE or SRB2 Doom Builder to figure out how to fix the problems.

-SRB2 Guy

Wow, thanks a lot. However, after I put in the thok barrier, all of my new linedefs became one sided. So, I deleted the old one and started from scratch, making sure nothing like that happened again.

DroxSorcerer said:
Wow, thanks a lot. However, after I put in the thok barrier, all of my new linedefs became one sided. So, I deleted the old one and started from scratch, making sure nothing like that happened again.

That's intentional. Just put the lindefs back on, ansd leave the top part as a misssing texture. Done correctily, it works. You can still PM me ya know.

-SRB2 Guy

If there wasn't a player one start, the level wouldn't start at all. Also, I've alreeady said I started from scratch, and I've already released the level and started on an Act 2.

use srb2 doom builder its much more easy.
also i made a map with a little bit of help from light.d.

p.s i made this message in school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back