• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

A few of my charecter's appearence

Did I do good on the mouse

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eliwood

well I just can't believe how I did it but I did it.

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Desktop\Ultra Folder\Anything\Sonic\SRB2\manual

Last edited by a moderator:
It still doesn't work I just tried 5 different times now what?

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Desktop is all I can do

Seriously dude. We don't have your files on our hard drives. Putting a link to your C drive does absolutely nothing and is useless for us.

You can try Sendspace, Yousendit, Rapidshare, or Megaupload to temporarily host files if needbe. All four of them require Javascript to be on in your browser to upload something to them.

Yeah, we can see it now.

Anyway, it looks terrible, but that's to be expected of MSPaint (assuming that's what you used). No shading whatsoever and a general clash of style just results in a mess...

Well I did use the computer, I think it looks great I mean come on it was done on the computer give me some credit. :lol:

Yeah, using "I did it on the computer" doesn't get you any slack. It's very much possible to use the tool you used to make a better-looking picture that doesn't look like the artist spend all of two minutes slapping flat colors over somebody else's work - you'd have to do it pixel by pixel, but Hell, you can do it.

Naturally, PhotoShop is faster with recolors, particularly with all those filters, but still.

And BTW, am I the only one getting sick and tired of all these modifications of official art to resemble generic fan character #4488? Seriously. Generally, it never comes out looking anywhere near the right quality, though on occasion I've seen somebody come out with something that's decent. I'd ask people to draw their own crap, but considering that it takes well over 100 frames of art to make one of these guys... unless you draw one frame and then take the display-frame-on-all-angles shortcut (a good shortcut to take if you can without it looking awkward, IMO), thus making the most boring sprite ever (although it might be kinda funny for a while).

Meh. Ranting.

Shadow Hog said:
And BTW, am I the only one getting sick and tired of all these modifications of official art to resemble generic fan character #4488? S
You're not alone, I just got done with a slight-bash post of 'em in the same forum. @_@ There's just too damn many of these recolors and cheap edits.

... remind me to comletly pummel you if i see you on my server...

Now if you excuse me, I have to do a necromentic ritual to remove the unholy damage you have done to my brain.

What...what was that thing? It looked like Sonic fell asleep in an alley and woke up covered in grafitti. It would have looked better if you used the fill command in paint (pretty sure you used paint to do create that...masterpeice*coughofcrapcough*). Based on the looks of it, photoshop might be too hard for you. Try finding MGI Photsuite. 1/4 of the features in Photoshop but as easy to use as paint.

I know we should be encouraging fan creations, but I think we've seen enough Sonic sprite mods. Especially when they're just ever so slightly edited to look like whatever the creator's avatar is. I'm going to be absolutely honest, I don't want to play as someone else's Sonic clone. They're about as imaginative as Sonic 2 palette swap hacks.

Not to mention, my message board avatar was "done on the computer", in mspaint even. That proves that it's no excuse to be unoriginal.

title4dx.png

I did that on a computer, in paint, even.

ree-c said:
title4dx.png

Wow ree-c thats awesome.
Flame sonic you shoulde try and use that as a base.
;cats;All you base ar...*cats get his head shot*.

Tets said:
I know we should be encouraging fan creations, but I think we've seen enough Sonic sprite mods. Especially when they're just ever so slightly edited to look like whatever the creator's avatar is. I'm going to be absolutely honest, I don't want to play as someone else's Sonic clone. They're about as imaginative as Sonic 2 palette swap hacks.

Not to mention, my message board avatar was "done on the computer", in mspaint even. That proves that it's no excuse to be unoriginal.

Try some of my wads then Tets.

Flame Sonic said:
Well I did use the computer, I think it looks great I mean come on it was done on the computer give me some credit. :lol:
Dude, there are people better on the computer than by hand... Me being one of them.

And FYI, MSPaint doesn't suck as bad as people comment, it just takes a little more patience and has less easy tools. No reason images can't turn out good though, I shade in MSPaint all the time.
title4dx.png

Yes, and you probably didn't spend much time on it either. Not that it looks bad, it looks good, it's just that it doesn't take much time. Seriously Flame, use the fill tool, and if that fails, use paintbrush till you get close to the boarders and then zoom in and use pencil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back