A Different Control Set-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virt

Trollerskates
This thread is an idea for people that are tired of the same-old same-old and want something different. This makes the game a bit more challenging, but it makes you think more, too. I call it, "Strafe-and-Turn". Not a good name, I know, but still. This is how you do it. You set the strafe keys the same thing as the turn camera keys. I tried it, and it seems fun to me. Try it for yourself and tell me your feedback.

Except "turn camera" only works in analog mode, during which strafing DOESN'T work.

If you want to try another way of getting around the stages... well, I dunno, try to beat the game using only spindash, jump (and jump moves like thok, fly, glide et al) and turning. It was possible to do in 1.09.4; I don't know about 2.0.4.

Try to beat the game with only running and jumping. No abilities whatsoever. Then try it on Ultimate mode. (type "ultimate" into the console on the title screen WITHOUT the quotes) Then try it with only jumping and spindashing. Repeat on Ultimate. That'll show how much you can increase the difficulty of the game. Of course, you can always try manipulating springs and such and not jump at all. (which basically makes the game impossible on ultimate) Or make a total level mod that converts lotsa sectors to bottomless pits. Then try navigating those without jumping.

Ultimate mode is too easy. It needs a buff.

Like no extra life monitors.

I never get the monitors and I still have ~8 lives by the end of the game.

No, I don't farm for points either, it's just the massive time bonus.

犬夜叉;655301 said:
Ultimate mode is too easy. It needs a buff.

Like no extra life monitors.

Soc it so all 1-up monitors become No-Clip Detons.

No-clip Detons that shoot turrets.

No-clip Detons that shoot turrets that shoot No-clip Detons that shoot the aforementioned turrets.

Ultimate mode doesn't need player gimping, it needs enemy buffing.
Sadly, our enemies are too stupid to understand the term 'tough'.

-Give all blue crawlas 2 health.
-Give all red crawlas 2 health and make them be able to shoot pop-up-turret bullets.
-Give all pop up turrets faster fire rates
-Give all jetty syns 2 health
-Give al-Owait why are we talking about ultimate mode here?

Ultimate mode doesn't need player gimping, it needs enemy buffing.
Sadly, our enemies are too stupid to understand the term 'tough'.
To be fair, Jetty-Syns have already got a buff when playing in Ultimate. Even if it's due to a carryover from the previous version of SRB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back