A dedicated server issue of mine (2.2.9)

Vertz1515

Just another SRB2 research guy.
Here's an issue that I am quite new to.
For a while, I had been hosting on the Master Server using the game itself, but it did crash at some times
which kicked me off the server and thus, shut it down. On this day, I thought I could successfully host
using a dedicated server, so I could not worry of said crashes.
But getting straight to the point, I tried hosting using the current SRB2 Launcher (LauncherBlast2 reboot)
and it actually worked great, I was successfully able to get it working and hosting was a breeze.
I had to close the server to update an addon which caused a crash and made it unviewable.
And once I opened the server up again, I opened the game to nothing, it was not showing up
on the server browser or the Master Server page, and trust me, I opened the game with a different port. Anyways, I restarted the server (nothing),
I used a different port (nothing), I restarted the program (nothing), I restarted my computer (nothing) which actually surprised me at first, I reinstalled the launcher (nothing), I used the command prompt to open the server (nothing), and I even reinstalled SRB2 to nothing. While looking through the logs, I found 2 errors that I believe have caused this problem

couldn't execute file dconfig.cfg
and
couldn't execute file .\adedserv.cfg

While looking through the internet trying to find answers to this, all that really came up were Source Code stuff or Issues with completely different games.
I also hosted a non dedicated server and it did work so I don't think it's an issue with my Internet. Any answers to this? Admittedly, the only thing I haven't done is host on a different device.

That shouldn't cause crash(and dconfig should be created when hosting). Are you sure these are the only errors ?
"dconfig" is "config.cfg" but for dedicated server.
"adedserv" is "autoexec"(commands executed at the start of the game) but for dedicated.
Both should be optional.

Those were the most noticeable differences while comparing logs, maybe there's something else going on, but the way they're shown on the log looks like they are preventing the connection to the master server, but I sure don't know, maybe they are a part of another error or something.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back