A challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Hog

As a way of artificially extending the life of SRB2 to make the wait for v1.09 seem shorter, I have a new challenge for you all: clear GFZ using only these things: turning, jumping, thokking, flying, gliding, and Spin Dashing. Despite a tricky point in the middle of GFZ2 (three red springs, tall cliff, very, VERY hard to get over with Sonic without moving in mid-air, but doable), it's very possible. THZ, on the other hand, starts you off at a similar spring trap with very little time to do it (or else you'll have two Red Crawlas hogging the edge, knocking you back every time you get CLOSE, rendering the thing impossible), so I'm not counting it. Likewise, I dunno about CEZ, though I can't THINK of anything that'd be stopping you...

So? How about it?

Yeah, but some people don't play with WASD, so I kinda HAVE to list all the moves...

Then again, I guess an easier way to put it is, "beat the levels without walking forward/backward, or strafing".

That's kinda easy, all you gotta do is thok, spin, and jump.. I do that half the time anyways >.>

Shuffle said:
That's kinda easy, all you gotta do is thok, spin, and jump.. I do that half the time anyways >.>
It SOUNDS easy, and... well, for the most time, it IS easy. But then you reach a jump that you just NEED those movement keys for, and you can't use them, making it pretty danged hard. Try it, you'll see what I mean.

Only spot I've found like that is areas that need springs, but all you gotta do is hit them diagonally.

You make it sound easier than it really is. Finding and then setting up that diagonal is a pain.

But, if you want a challenge, then go ahead, do THZ1 before those Red Crawlas come up your rear.

Now here's another challenge: Get from the beginning of GHZ2 to the ramp with the springs in a single spindash.

...It's been done before.

I did GFZ in a flash as Knuckles. Act 2 was easy, I still went the high way with the red spring in the beggining. It was still funny when I started. "Oh this is easy. ... ahh this is taking a long time. I'll just climb this here wall and... oh."

Okay, it's official. On Normal at least, with Tails, it is possible to complete the entire game with only spin dashing, jumping, flying, and turning. It'll be hell, especially on GFZ2 and CEZ2, but it's possible. Anyone care to check the other guys?

Sik said:
I think that this isn't too difficult... More difficult is get the enough power...
That's the thing, you run out of power before you even get close. There is a trick to it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back