500 Internal Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. It's too much trouble than it's worth.

Not to mention it doesn't seem to be serving its purpose, anyhow.

I myself have gotten at least thirty of those errors today, >_< it's been near impossible to sift through all of the latest posts in one sitting. Maybe a spam box is more trouble than it's worth? It's hardly been a full 24 hours and it's already been plastered with over a thousand posts. Just imagine what kind of mess this is going to create if that forum isn't wiped clean regularly and hidden from view except on the weekends. That's honestly the only way I can see "HOW DO I JUMP" continuing to exist, there are simply way too many n00bs here for it to work.

I would highly recommend either getting rid of the spambox or not making it a spambox. Because when it comes right down to it, this isn't nearly as decent as SigSev Cafe's crap forum. And given that Asdf allows curse evasion, that's really saying something.

It's physically impossible to remove the curse filter on one specific forum. It's either in effect for the whole board, or it isn't. And since I have no intention of making it not, it has to stay.

Don't get me wrong, I'm keeping an eye on the board. If it has to last less than a month, it very well may.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Well, I also haven't visited the spam forum. =D

Same. But I never thought that the Internal Server Error was because of it. :/

Seems to be an intermittent problem since the board is loading slower even when there aren't an enormous amount of people posting at the moment. I also recall this problem coming up many times before and we didn't have a spam board then either.

Well, it was even worse when the forum was new, and everyone was flocking to it in droves. Now that the novelty has mostly worn off, it should be easing up a bit.

I also upped the posting limit from half a minute to one minute, in an attempt to cut down on bandwidth usage... I don't know if it had any effect, though. It'll definitely go back down if the spam forum goes out.

I hope the 500 error goes with the forum as it was that bad yesterday i gave up reading the new posts and just left it to today.

Yeah. The spam forum has very little to do with what currently happened the past few days. It seems like DH is getting worse which is a bad thing.

This has always happened, it's just that nobody notices until the errors are concentrated enough to make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back