• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

2D Levels...What's that all about?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xdude619 said:
:oops: I really don't know how to make 2D levels and they might help me in upcoming projects. :oops:

Nor do I whenever I want to make a 2D level I just delete everything in an existing 2D level and make my own. I know that is not the most easy thing to do but it works for me :lol: .

Well, you set the map headers to be 2D, and you only make one thin platform that goes on and on. But be warned though, 2D levels tend to use alot of FoFs, and the 2D level alone is tedious work.

Yeah, just add 512 to the map type. 2D means it will run left to right, or vice versa in Doom Builder. You can't change the start direction, but you can turn the map 90 degrees if you made it wrong.

I wouldn't suggest using 2D mode for any levels, it's kinda crappy. I know from experience. :X

2D levels can be pretty nifty, despite the poor physics; they simply haven't been done properly yet. And I get the feeling that Xdude619 won't know how to do them properly.

SSN should really modify 2d mode physics, to better suit the needs of the game. Something like DMSC, i'd reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back