2.2.11 doesn't allow "rejointimeout" to be set from LUA

Firstly, sorry if this is not a bug and if my English sucks.

I am developing a custom gametype where each Player join/quit is critical to the gameplay. For example when the player hits "Quit/Leave the game" menu option or simply "Alt+F4" and the "rejointimeout" is NOT set to NONE the player_t of that player is still present and it doesn't trigger "PlayerQuit" hook. Every player is important in my case and if some player is ghosting (I mean game is waiting for player to reconnect) this may hold the whole game for a round or even two. "PlayerQuit" hook triggers only when the ghost finally leaves the game and his slot in players[] is finally free. I thought Player Quit codes provided by that hook might help but my only solution was to lock "rejointimeout" to 0 in my LUA code. I tried to change it both with COM_BuffInsertText executed as server and CV_Set() but it result the same error for both of them as on the screenshot bellow. If this is the way to prevent multiplayer hacking with LUA please explain me what should I do to fix my issue or instantly trigger "PlayerQuit" even with "rejointimeout" not 0.

Thanks for understanding
Screenshot_16.png

Post automatically merged:

I also don't understand why "rejointimeout" is one of the variables that are not modifiable by Lua and how it can be 'unsafe'

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back