2.1: It's happening! Release details!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If nobody minds me asking, what was Creator.wad going to be? I've looked for the answer, but I can't find out, I know It's not coming anymore but I would like to know more about it.

If nobody minds me asking, what was Creator.wad going to be? I've looked for the answer, but I can't find out, I know It's not coming anymore but I would like to know more about it.

Basically, one player is Eggman and can edit how GFZ3 is. Then, the game starts and other players must cooperate to defeat him. The Eggman player dies after 8 hits but can shoot and use his dash as many times as he wants. It looked pretty fun.

If you want, there's a pic on the Four 2.1 tidbits news.

It was going to be a mini game type where one person could play as eggman while others try to kill you. I thought it was a epic idea.

Edit: Kylllian beat me to it...

It was a level where one player played as the GFZ boss, and the others tried to take him down. Before the battle started, the GFZ boss had the ability to modify the battlefield they were going to fight on.

Whuh...really? Older versions used to support up to 1920x1200... It's mostly a matter of just modifying a #define or two.

And just as a warning guys.. expect a 2.1.1 very very soon after... something ALWAYS comes up. :)
Fff, I keep forgetting that SRB2's resolutions are weird and keep thinking of the standard resolutions closest to a given aspect correct res. Disregard my earlier statement. x_X

Defintely looking forward to 2.1. Not only the community is going to rise back up, but there is already a lot of plans for 2.1 as well, specially now that LUA is coming out and more and more players are coming forward to fix some issues and even implement new stuff.

All I can say is even though I complained a LOT about 2.1 not coming out, Good Luck with the release and thanks in advance.

Why in the world must I work on the release date...Oh well, nevermind...I'll use BitTorrent when I'll be back.

I hope that RVZ has been revamped for multiplayer. The starting point is being a pain when using slow characters, being killed instantly and having to use the secret path upon revival. Also, there's alot to expect and possibly a lot of deceptions too. To be honest, I was expecting a 2.1.1~ish for bug fixing.

Looking forward a last piece of video to make me as much Hyped as the others.

Shadow Hog said:
Of what? The hell are you talking about? There's no crime here to incriminate anyone over!
SonicJR team is guilty of being awesome. If you look at my earlier posts, you would saw that I was acting like a detective trying to ask for more informations in the most "not" subtile ways. Thanks you for asking though. I'll stop if it bothers. :P

Last edited:
Well, I guess 2.1 isn't for today, but I'm pretty sure it will be released tomorrow...
Oh and my legit gamedata.dat (not downloaded from the net) always get corrupted for some reasons...

About SOCEdit, there was a problem with thing edit in which you tried to edit a thrown ring weapon (Ex. MT_THROWNSCATTER) and the program would freeze upon loading thing info. Has that been fixed in 2.1?

So will there be any new soundtrack updates? Or even minor ones?

The "Metal Sonic theme" from the Virtual Sonic music CD is gone, it's just the most out of place thing in the entire soundtrack what with SINGING and everything. Instead it's been replaced by something else that some of you nay recognise! ;) (No, it's not by me at all)

Also, some of the MIDIs included have been updated to actually be more accurate to the main Digital/OGG versions. Either that or actually exist at all if they didn't before for the most part.

That's about it I think?

About SOCEdit, there was a problem with thing edit in which you tried to edit a thrown ring weapon (Ex. MT_THROWNSCATTER) and the program would freeze upon loading thing info. Has that been fixed in 2.1?

At this point it's clear SOCEdit is so out of date it doesn't even support 2.0 properly, and in 2.1 with it being possible to NAME your objects and states and sounds etc there is just no hope for SOCEdit being up-to-date, so we're not including it with 2.1.

The original problem behind that regardless was some disabled code for alternative ring-firing sounds, apparently SOCEdit doesn't like that at all.

Last edited:
Well, I guess 2.1 isn't for today, but I'm pretty sure it will be released tomorrow...
Oh and my legit gamedata.dat (not downloaded from the net) always get corrupted for some reasons...

I wouldn't count it out just yet. They can choose to release it anytime. In fact I think 2.0 came out so late in the day, I couldn't use it until the next day.

You might get the answer in a few hours now, if not tommorow or sunday (or even later... but i really doubt it) i guess. So yeah.

Last edited:
Now I just thought of a sudden question, (too lazy to check :P) How many bosses will there be in the game?

• Greenflower's Egg Mobile
  • Techno Hill's Egg Slimer
  • Deep Sea's Sea Egg
  • Castle Eggman's Eggscalibur
  • Egg Rock's Brak Eggman.
As far as I'm aware, the only boss they added was Eggscalibur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back