2.1 Color palette for yellow changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

HitCoder

Launcher Blaster
Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew why when you set your player color to yellow, it looks so much different from 2.0.

I don't know if this is the right topic to post this on, but hopefully it gets put right if it's not the right topic.

I also have not yet found a topic about this same thing, so I'm sorry if this question has already been asked and answered.

Anyway, as I was saying, the yellow color seems to have been changed. It now looks a little greener.

I am mainly asking why this has been done, as I prefer the old one. Someone told me it was to make the colors for supersonic work correctly, but I found a bug, where you change to a different character whilst super, and keep your current color. When I did it after a few attempts, it made the character yellow, but it was the same as the old yellow. Supersonic seems to use that yellow, so the palette doesn't seem to have been adjusted for supersonic. Also, supersonic pulses/flashes, so why would anyone notice how the yellow looks?

Also, if this is too long for people to read, basically, I just want to know why the palette has been modified like this. Thanks.

~~HitCoder/HitKid61~~

Yes, but super forms flash, so why would they need to do that? or do they only flash in opengl?

Yes, but super forms flash, so why would they need to do that? or do they only flash in opengl?

They pulsate in both Software Mode and OpenGL Mode. Also custom characters can't use the palette super colors if I recall correctly from what I've heard over at the IRC...

Last edited:
I still don't understand why yellow doesn't quite look yellow any more. Why would it be because of the superforms, when it's blindingly obvious that they pulsate?

Technically what you had before wasn't yellow but a mixture of yellow and gold, and what you have now is more like REAL yellow. =V

That is not true. The old yellow didn't use any of the gold palette region. The new yellow just doesn't use the brighter part of the palette for yellow. Just the darker end.

charskincolorrefsheet.PNG

I beg your pardon, no gold you say?

That's odd... But still, if you look at the palette in SLADE you can see all the yellow colors. You can also tell that when you select the color yellow, it starts at 104 now, and not 97.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back