100% save file on linux?

I'm using a Flatpak, i used to play using the custom android port but i shut off my computer so dev mode was disabled and i was up to eggman castle, and i am NOT suffering all those water levels again...
Edit: Yes, i am still stuck on the castle eggman boss because i finally got back to where i left off

Last edited:
Try using these unofficial AppImage builds of SRB2:
I didn't make these builds. They may as well contain malware or viruses; use at your own risk.
I've never used AppImages myself but, from what I understand, SRB2 should create its configuration and save files in the standard directories (folders) in the system (XDG?). Flatpaks, on the other hand, are (insufficiently/insecurely) "sandboxed" so the programs running inside them are supposedly "confined" to a specific directory. (Do note that I'm not implying that AppImages are sandboxed. Rather, AppImages are not sandboxed at all, they're just like portable tarballs but in a single file. The risk of Flatpak is that it provides a false sense of security, which is worth mentioning.)

Is there a way to install a 100% save file on linux?
Those special stages are a pain in the neck.
Hi hello you need to put your savefile in ~/.var/app/org.srb2.SRB2/.srb2/ and you also get add-ons, logs, models, screenshots, movies, mod savedata and more in there so yeah also you might want to enable hidden files on your file manager, on KDE Plasma Dolphin it's on the hamburger menu at the top right
Post automatically merged:

Try using these unofficial AppImage builds of SRB2:
I didn't make these builds. They may as well contain malware or viruses; use at your own risk.
I've never used AppImages myself but, from what I understand, SRB2 should create its configuration and save files in the standard directories (folders) in the system (XDG?). Flatpaks, on the other hand, are (insufficiently/insecurely) "sandboxed" so the programs running inside them are supposedly "confined" to a specific directory. (Do note that I'm not implying that AppImages are sandboxed. Rather, AppImages are not sandboxed at all, they're just like portable tarballs but in a single file. The risk of Flatpak is that it provides a false sense of security, which is worth mentioning.)
Oh also maybe it's more convenient to use the flatpak version instead because 1. It works on any instance of Linux 2. It gets updated semi automatically 3. they're more convenient and yeah you have no reason to get the appImage and this post was kind of pointless

Hi hello you need to put your savefile in ~/.var/app/org.srb2.SRB2/.srb2/ and you also get add-ons, logs, models, screenshots, movies, mod savedata and more in there so yeah also you might want to enable hidden files on your file manager, on KDE Plasma Dolphin it's on the hamburger menu at the top right
Post automatically merged:

Oh also maybe it's more convenient to use the flatpak version instead because 1. It works on any instance of Linux 2. It gets updated semi automatically 3. they're more convenient and yeah you have no reason to get the appImage and this post was kind of pointless
I was just trying to help.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back