1.09 going to be the full game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, thats right, look, your new Sonick, its great that you like srb2, but i think there are enough topics about 1.09. But its ok, your first mistake is a little nono. :)

Sadly, it really isn't. It simply fixes a lot of bugs and adds level design features, as well as cleaning up a lot of the code. On the outside, it's pretty much 1.08 without a lot of the annoyances. Admitably, some of those annoyances are very old, and it's nice to see things like the problems with the talk key finally resolved. That's been an issue since Demo 2 when I first played a netgame.

...But you can have weather IN NETGAMES! It's stuff like that that just makes it all worth it for me! :lol:

Never mind, the ability to type "don't" and "^_~" in the talk entry properly is probably my favorite feature of 1.09 ^_^().

Weather in netgames is gonna be lag heaven. What I'd like to see is a feature that you can't use the talk key in single player. I've had enough trouble having a jettysyn bop me off a cliff just because I hit the stinking button.

Why didn't you speak up earlier?

I'll see to it we fix that. I can't remember it happening to me, but it's really easy to fix.

Generally, if I accidentally hit the talk key, I immediately hit Enter to avoid getting hit, since it won't say anything with no text.

Yeah, but the problem comes when I hit talk and don't know I hit it, and thus don't hit enter. It should play a little sound when you hit Talk.

Or you could do it the Half-Life way and effectively pause the game until the message has been entered, whatever that may be.

Not that I enjoy hitting the talk key in HL... nay, my keyboard likes hitting keys for me. I don't even tell it to, it just randomly does it. Its favorite keys seem to be W and Shift, off-hand (forward and walk, in my case), which can be a PAIN when I'm navigating a tough jumping area. Kinda like what you'd find in Verdant Forest Zone... those floating platforms are the death of me, since every time I try to stop and stand still while I find the next platform, my keyboard goes "OKAY! RUNNING TIME!!1!" and I get propelled right off of it into the pit of water to my doom. Not fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back