1.09.3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super mystic sonic said:
Not interested:
Removing stuff. (I don't care if it gives bugs, or even if its dumb)
Like Digi said, that's selfish. Everybody else likes no bugs.
Super mystic sonic said:
A update just to disallow a player to cheat. Bah, you should be allowed to because its just plain fun to do something you can't do in reality.PLAYERSPEED removed! :cry:
Cheating is for losers. I could never get PLAYERSPEED working, anyways..
Super mystic sonic said:
New sprites for knuckles. I never play with him anyway, because he's so slow.
Again, this is selfish. I don't even play Knuckles and I'm glad to know that he's getting real sprites, it will be much easier to tell whose on your team in CTF.
Super mystic sonic said:
Any grapic changes at all. I don't care about grapics AT ALL. If I would care, I would never play this game.
OpenGL only stuff. I never play with OpenGL because of the sprites, wich you can really see they are just a living paper.
What about those of us that DO, eh?
Super mystic sonic said:
Optimising performance of the game.
..I'm not even going to touch this one.
Super mystic sonic said:
Bugg fixes. I don't care about buggs unless they crash the game.
There's one g in "Bug" *shot*
In case you haven't noticed, the idea of open betas is generally for fishing out bugs, all you seem to be doing is mooching off the new versions that have new features and not testing for bugs. Stop complaining about new versions and go play 1.09.2 or something.

Anyways.. back on-topic.
It's a little strange, I thought the white flats were broken in all nVidia chipsets, but I got a new card yesterday (nVidia) and everything is fine.

KingofFlames said:
Shuffle's post == win.
Agreed

Shuffle said:
Stop complaining about new versions and go play 1.09.2 or something.
Because we all know that 1.09.2 is for noobs and people that can't update, and SMS isn't the one that can't update :)

It's a little strange, I thought the white flats were broken in all nVidia chipsets, but I got a new card yesterday (nVidia) and everything is fine.

Aw Shuffle, you're ruining my Anti-nVidia propaganda. D:

Shuffle said:
Super mystic sonic said:
Any grapic changes at all. I don't care about grapics AT ALL. If I would care, I would never play this game.
OpenGL only stuff. I never play with OpenGL because of the sprites, wich you can really see they are just a living paper.
What about those of us that DO, eh?
Then you need to learn the difference between crappy rendering with potential for useless gimmicks, and decent rendering that's fine as it is.

Sorry Draykon, but some of us like to stay caught up with today's times. You don't see any games out there now-a-days that use 2.5D rendering- it's obsolete. Plus, moire patterns are what I refer to as "crappy", and Software is full of them.

Well I suppose if you like paper thin characters, and 2% drawn textures...

Anyway, I can't wait to get home and try out the new Knux, it's torture to not be able to play SRB2. :(

You guys don't seem to understand. 1.09.3.18 was 1.09.4 RC1, or Release Candidate 1. There will be no new content, other than bugfixes. If the current EXE were free of bugs, then that would be what is used for the official 1.09.4 release.

Basically, before release, we do a feature freeze. We stop adding stuff, and try and clear out all the issues before release, so the released version can be as stable as possible. A few bugs generally get through, but this is a public beta, so we have the entire forum checking it out. See if you can find errors and bugs, it'll help us all out down the road when we stop releasing updates for a while.

Mystic said:
Basically, before release, we do a feature freeze. We stop adding stuff, and try and clear out all the issues before release, so the released version can be as stable as possible. A few bugs generally get through, but this is a public beta, so we have the entire forum checking it out. See if you can find errors and bugs, it'll help us all out down the road when we stop releasing updates for a while.

In that case, I'm sorry. After what version will 1.09.4 come out? After 1.09.3.20?

Say, I tested the newest version now, but it actually seemed to had more bugs then 1.09.3.18 did. Maybe you'll need to downgrade to that version?

Super mystic sonic said:
In that case, I'm sorry. After what version will 1.09.4 come out? After 1.09.3.20?

Say, I tested the newest version now, but it actually seemed to had more bugs then 1.09.3.18 did. Maybe you'll need to downgrade to that version?
1.09.4 will come out when we've found and killed all the bugs. If 1.09.3.20 is so buggy, please report specific issues in the bug reports topic so we can fix them.

1.09.3.18 was the start of the feature freeze. There are no new features past that point. Now we're just trying to get stuff fixed so we can release 1.09.4 already.

How will you tell that you've fixed enough bugs? And what happens once 1.09.4 comes out, will things return to the "1.08" norm here?

Re: srb2

Etrof said:
is there a new srb2.srb? there is an error message every time i start the game up

Go to 1.09.3 Bug Reports and tell us the error. Somebody will be able to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back