SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.1.X) > Lua (2.1.X)

Race Ranks Details »»
Race Ranks
Developer Last Online: Feb 2020

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating:
Released: 06-29-2019 Last Update: Never Installs: 1
Scripts Sprites/Graphics

I wanted to revisit this someday and make it more efficient, but I haven't touched it in well over a year, so...

This is my race rankings HUD! Inspired by Sonic R, this addon gives you multiple ways to view your rankings in the Competition and Race gametypes. While it technically functions in all race maps, it is primarily designed for and works best in circuit mode.

The primary console variable is raceranks. Here is a list of every value you can set it to:
Spoiler:
0 / off Disables the race ranks HUD entirely. Useful if you find the designs cluttered or if they cause frame drops.

1 / bar The default value, a vertical bar displaying how far away each player is from the finish line. If the map is a circuit map, the bar will also be split up into segments designated by checkpoints, and a number in the center of each player's marker represents their lap number.

2 / list A list of the current top 5 racers. Useful for when there are lots of players cluttering the bar, or if you want to get a sense of who you're up against faster.

3 / rank Displays the numerical ranks only. Useful if the player displays are cluttered but you still want to know which place you're currently in.
The secondary console variable is racesounds. By default, the S3K competition countdown sounds will play when "3, 2, 1, GO!" appears on the screen, and another sound effect plays upon finishing the race. Turn this variable off if you prefer the vanilla soundless behavior.

Finally, this addon supports including a recorded Metal Sonic in the rankings:
Spoiler:

The console variable racemetal determines whether or not Metal Sonic is included in the race rankings. This is still a client sided variable, so you don't need to ask a server admin to fiddle with it!

Download Now

File Type: pk3 raceranks.pk3 (5.2 KB, 136 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20051.png
Views:	807
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	20476   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20052.png
Views:	792
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	20477   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20053.png
Views:	747
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	20478   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20397.gif
Views:	790
Size:	5.41 MB
ID:	20479   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20398.gif
Views:	777
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	20480  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 06-29-2019   #2
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

Welcome to releases!

My awful Twitter account

My also awful YouTube channel
Old 07-01-2019   #3
Rumia1
Backseat Developer

I can't help but feel like I've seen this somewhere before...
I love the idea of this and I feel like i'll be using mode 2 of this a lot on my own servers. Though I wonder if there could be a mode 4 that combines mode 2 and mode 1 but moves the bar to the bottom ala Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes, if you still have motivation to work on it that is.

EDIT: I just found that you can't actually use this in competition because you set it so the hud only appears if you are in a gametype without lives, whoops.

Last edited by Rumia1; 07-01-2019 at 08:18 AM.