Match/CTF Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehRealSalt

(σᴥσ)
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
An experiment: Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles all get their own set of weapon rings. This aims to make them feel more focused, rather than being nigh-identical excluding abilities. They are as follows:

• Sonic - Offense
    • WEAPON SLOT 1: Automatic
    • WEAPON SLOT 2: Scatter
    • TRAITS: With his close range weaponry, playing Sonic involves dipping in and out of range of his enemies to attack. With Thok and the highest top speed, he's great at flanking. Use Auto to stand your ground, and Scatter to push back opponents!
  • Tails - Support
    • WEAPON SLOT 1: Bounce
    • WEAPON SLOT 2: Grenade
    • TRAITS: Tails has more situational and tough to utilize weapons, but he can prove to be very valuable as area denial. Bounce makes cramped areas he can't dodge in easier to manage, and Grenade and Flight go together well for a surprise attack!
  • Knuckles - Defense
    • WEAPON SLOT 1: Bomb
    • WEAPON SLOT 2: Rail
    • TRAITS: Knuckles is less mobile than the other two due to his slow Climb and shorter jump, but he's evened out by his excellent range and high-knockback weapons. Bomb knocks enemies close to you away, while Rail snipes from far away!

A couple things have changed to compensate for the less variety of weapons one can have at once. For starters, you start with all your weapons and some shots for it. Instead of needing to gather and use ammo, you get infinite ammo and instead have cooldowns on your weapons after you use them enough. Panels and ammo pickups now give you extra rings instead, as weapon gathering is no longer a thing.

Attachments

• classes.zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 559
  • HELPM02.png
    HELPM02.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 892
Last edited:
Welcome to Releases!

Last edited:
v1.1 Changelog:
  • Fixed an issue that a couple of people were having with the hud not displaying patches properly.
  • Properly supports Tag mode now.
  • Attempted splitscreen support. ("Attempted", as in the regular weapon rings disable doesn't work if it's enabled for the other player, or vice versa. Sadly, I can't figure this out, but not many use splitscreen and all the vanilla characters are covered, so you'll live.)
  • FSonic and TailsCD now use the same weapons as regular Sonic and Tails, because it was easy enough to do and people use them a lot.

Last edited:
Call me when Ugly Knux has the same weapons as Knuckles since he is the third heir apparent to the alt SRB2 character trio too

v1.2 Changelog:
  • A couple weapons have been switched around, according to what worked best in my play testing sessions with other people. Sonic now has Auto and Scatter, Tails has Bounce and Grenade, and Knuckles has Bomb and Rail.
  • A complete revamp of how ammo works.
    • Weapons have infinite ammo, and instead they need to cooldown (or "reload", if you will) after firing enough shots. This makes getting hurt less game-ruining.
    • Instead of getting double ammo from the panels, you now get extra rings. No more useless panels across the map that your class can't use!
    • These two changes make rings much more plentiful and easy to hold onto. Damage only really hurts for players holding high amounts of rings, and thus is much less punishing to unskilled players.
  • You can no longer fire while hurt. Stop with the cheap shots, man.
  • Console commands for adding and removing classes to characters.
    • addclass forces a skin to use one or two weapons. The first argument is the skin name, and the second and third arguments are the names of the weapons to use. The weapon names are "auto", "bounce", "scatter", "grenade", "explode", and "rail". Leave out the second weapon for a class to use one weapon with the number of shots. (Yes, you can do the rail-only matches of your dreams with this.)
    • removeclass makes a skin that already has a class use normal Match rules. This can be used to revert one you added, or one of the vanilla characters.
    • listclasses shows a list of classes added. You can also put in skin number to just show that one class.
    • As a result of this, FSonic and TailsCD support has been removed, since now you can just DIY.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if "Offense/Support/Defense" makes much sense considering half of the modes aren't team-objective oriented. "Speed/Technical/Power" might be more fitting names.

Ok, now i agree with these classes, last version i didnt agree with the classes but now, things are ok.

This seems balanced now, i'll be sure to test this out later.

"Rails only"

Hmph. Lets dance!

This weapon system is amazing, but some kind of means of reloading would be nice. it sucks to be sitting at 20 or so auto rings because it's such a waste of ammo to bring it back to 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back