[Thokker] Geyser Gush Zone B

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehRealSalt

(σᴥσ)
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
[NOTICE] Now part of Thokker itself. No longer necessary to download, as Thokker's version has a couple of extra enhancements, but kept up for historical reasons.

If you were anticipating the actual Geyser Gush Zone when you clicked on this, sorry that you didn't notice the B in the title I guess :v

Geyser Gush makes it's first appearance, as a Thokker level! While it takes a bit of practice to get the ball up the slopes, it's easy once you get the hang of it. To score, you must push the Splats Stand-in into the geyser at the opposing team's hollowed-out tree for a base. Nearly everything in the level is based and/or inspired by a part of the original, even though no one will likely notice all the nods unless if you eat and breathe the few screenshots and gifs I posted so...

(Sadly unable to either host or join a test netgame, blah blah real-life blah, so please send me your C&C)

Attachments

• Geyser Gush Zone B.png
    Geyser Gush Zone B.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 642
  • b_geysergush.zip
    796.1 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
I like the use of the checkered textures and flats( both the grass and the rock surfaces). Very nice! Also, those goals are pretty creative and I absolutely love it! Don't even get me started on the ball, hahah! Classic! Can't say how effective this plays in a proper game yet, but I like it so far.

Last edited:
Thank ye~ The rock texture has been a Geyser Gush thing from the start, but I ended up adding checkered grass for GGZB since I think it's important for slopes to have a recognizable geometric pattern on them; helps gauge distance. Speaking of which, the main outside areas are just slightly darker than just plain fullbright for the same reason (and also that GGZ also does this, since I just think it looks more natural. I save 255 for darker areas where light is coming through, such as the tree goals in this map, floodlights in a factory setting, etc). See if you can notice the slight light fade-out!

Also, slight update: the barrier is no longer climbable because, while I knew about this rule, I completely forgot it when making the map. There's also slightly adjusted barrier texture offsets.

Last edited:
I got some critique from toaster on IRC not long after I posted that update; now here's another update to address her criticisms.

• I thought that barriers had to be 64FU wide; I was informed otherwise. The barrier had been thickened to get rid of the little bump around the geyser.
  • A small corner where the ball liked to get stuck has been removed.
  • More towards the bases, the slopes have been widened and the bridge has been extended.
  • The geyser in the barrier now rises out from the ground after it disappears. This was done because transparent FOFs don't like having another transparent FOF in them, making it render insides was dumb, and because it looks cool.
  • Nameless Base's header has been modified so that Geyser Gush is in the rest of the rotation.
  • The first version was supposed to have this but it mysteriously disappeared, now a level select thumbnail has been added.
  • 5min Patch: literally the first thing i do after updating is notice two pegged grass edges that should've been unpegged and i rushed to update before anyone downloaded it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back