Genocide Pack - mt_GenocidePack - MADE IN THE STYLE OF THE 8 AND 16 BIT CLASSICS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoatRack

Official Community CoatRack
Sonic Team Junior
With 2.1 being out, and with skyboxes being added, I figured I would update this level pack to mess around with the skyboxes some. Welcome once again to the Genocide Pack! What is it you may ask, and why on earth do I want genocide? Simple really, the name was thrown at me since the levels here are based off the Classic Sonic stages from the Genesis.

Currently, I only have two levels in the pack, Marble Zone and Volcano Valley Zone. Although, these levels have been seen before in the last days of the OLDC, they have been revamped some and given some face lifts since then. Including new textures from the SRB2 Asset Pack and even music from the original zones, or remixed even.

Change Log:
  • Fixed a messed up emerald spawns in Star Light Zone.
  • Textures have been fully redone to full fit 2.1's new style.
  • Fixed a messed up textures in Marble Zone
  • Fixed a messed up platform height in Star Light Zone.
  • Added Infinity Rings to all of the levels.
  • Fixed a HoM in Volcano Valley Zone
  • Added a new level, Star Light Zone!

Attachments

• srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    6.4 MB · Views: 7,088
  • srb20003.gif
    srb20003.gif
    6.1 MB · Views: 4,932
  • srb20045s.png
    srb20045s.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 4,377
  • mt_GenocidePack.rar
    7.1 MB · Views: 5,599
Last edited:
What, no level select pictures?

And why is 2.1's entire TEXTURES lump in there? You only need the entries for the multiplatch textures you inlcuded in the wad...

For that matter, the entire 2.0 assets pack is in there, not just the parts of it you use. Think you could trim this down?

Okay, added in level select pictures, and removed the 2.1 stuff from TEXTURES, but I left in the other Asset Pack stuff since I have some WIP levels that uses them, so I don't have to re-add them later when the maps are done.

srb20034.png

Coming next release, Star Light Zone
After spending a few days thinking on which level to construct next for this pack, I chose another Sonic 1 level, Star Light Zone. Being a city level from a 2D Sonic game gave me a few issues at first in figuring out how to translate it into a 3D match level.

But after talking to a few friends and gathering ideas, I have managed to come up with a decent layout. Currently it is somewhat small, and may be expanded some more before I say it is finished. But I have already started on some of the ring placement, I will also be adding in infinity rings to all the levels seeing I spaced out and forgot to add it in when I first released it.

New version has been released, fixed some oversights in the other levels, and now has Star Light Zone in it! Check it out in the first post!

Updated release to fix those two over sights, silly me and over looking simple things.

These are great maps. They're especially fun in Hide and Seek. Starlight is probably my favorite.

Any plans to do more?

Really awesome, man. That Volcano Valley one also reminds me. Wasn't there a levelpack someone was working on that re-made Sonic 3D Blast levels into SRB2? What happened to that?

Really awesome, man. That Volcano Valley one also reminds me. Wasn't there a levelpack someone was working on that re-made Sonic 3D Blast levels into SRB2? What happened to that?

The guy who was working on it raged, and the wad was never released.

And now I just found out. Wow, that guy sure can't take opinions. It's just fog, man. Too bad nobody else has ever made something like it. I probably would've enjoyed it if I even knew how to get SRB2CB to work, but let's not go off on a tangent about that. Do you think you'll ever make co-op levels in this style? They all look gorgeous.

Last edited:
I currently have one more match level in the works/planned, as for Co-Op ones, not likely to happen sine they take much longer to build.

The next planned level is....
srb20143.png

Flying Battery Zone
Taking a step away from Sonic 1, I am working on reconstructing Flying Battery to work as a match level, where you will be heading in and out of the huge ship as you fight each other. While I have a concept of the layout done, I may redo the inside part (shown in the picture) to play better for players other than Tails and Knux.

8CfZL.gif

For the god's sake, i just don't had used a Whirlwind Shield. What the hell just happened here!

Tails has a super-whirlwind when super
... I really am an asshole. HOW I DIDN'T NOTICED THAT! ;_;
Anyway, CoatRack, you just did a really good job on all those Match stages. Im waiting for a Spring Yard Zone just after FBZ!

If there was a level i'd recommend trying to make for a match stage would be Sandopolis, yes, SANDOPOLIS, everyone's least favorite stage in S3&K. But i'd like to see Sandopolis get a gimmick... A deadly undead gimmick... Okay, I'll say it, a Ghost Gimmick for the stage to make players Defend themselves 2x more than normal to avoid getting hit by ghosts... thinking about it, it might not work... .... screw it! I'd like to see Sandopolis Zone become a match stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back