creator.wad -- Destroy-It-Yourself Greenflower 3!

JTE

A random player will be riding in the Eggmobile. Everyone must type ready ("ready2" for splitscreen players) to begin the combat phase. The map will reset if the player in the Eggmobile defeats all the others, or if the Eggmobile is destroyed. The server owner or admins can override the ready system by using "start" to force the game to start, or manually refreshing the map.

Eggmobile controls during build phase:
Jump - Raise floor by one level
Spin - Lower floor by one level

Eggmobile controls during combat phase:
Jump - Float up
Spin - Float down
Fire - Shoot missile
Fire Normal - Dash

Attachments

• creator.zip
    451.2 KB · Views: 3,388
Last edited:
While testing this I found it was very prone to consistency failures, but I can't tell how much of that is due to the wad or due to SRB2's netcode. However, when it did work, this is a great idea executed very well and is an absolute blast to play. Certainly something original to have a team game against one player who is the boss!

Last edited:
Just had a big match with this. Was an absolute blast to play, I'll definitely be using this for a long time. Thanks a bunch.

What room should this go under? The Standard room rules state that only official game-modes go under there; would this fit there?

Well, this is the ORIGINAL test script used to help develop most of the features of Lua in SRB2, so I'd actually been working on a "creator2.wad" rewrite to be more efficiently coded and support newer features like custom HUD elements and the new boss laser behavior and all that... But people wanted creator.wad since it was screenshotted two April Fool's Days ago, so I cleaned it up a bit and here it is!

Don't worry, with the SRB2 v2.1.2 patch the consistency failures should be fixed. Hopefully. We can have a lot more fun with Lua then!

2.1.2 does NOT fix the c-fail issue. It is an absolute pain when you can't join ANY of the servers due to the fact that this is added. If I DO make it into the server, SRB2 "stops working", so I have to restart the game.

Above post^

C-Failing happens during the building phase, and when more than one person is present one of them (Or even both) get kicked as a result of a timeout. SRB2 just keeps not working with this wad. I managed to have a game with ONE person but that was hardly any fun. This needs fixing. DX

That's odd, I played like 20 rounds and did not experience one c-fail. There was one irrelevant c-fail that happened in THZ2 with the WAD loaded though.

Tried out this WAD loaded for a bit on a server.. and WOW is it fun to play once you get it working. And yes - I also support the idea of THZ3, CEZ3 and ERCZ!

When I was hosting the server, I noticed that one player experienced a CFail approximately every 2 rounds (average player count: 4) so I basically had to switch to other levels to wait for players to rejoin (as rejoining during the map is insta-crash) every 4 rounds.

Though I'll admit, switching to THZ2 wasn't too great of an idea, for reasons previously mentioned by TysonTH ;D

Tried out this WAD loaded for a bit on a server.. and WOW is it fun to play once you get it working. And yes - I also support the idea of THZ3, CEZ3 and ERCZ!

Why not ERZ3 one? Building an arena and then controling Metal and racing other players to it (no abilities for Metal though).

Why not ERZ3 one? Building an arena and then controling Metal and racing other players to it (no abilities for Metal though).
That's basically making a race stage with one being a set character. The concept would be fun, but very, VERY hard to create.

Yeah I'm sorry creator.wad is soooo hard to get working, it seems to have something to do with the NetVars hook being broken and the moved sector floors not being networked properly and the random number generator putting the wrong player in the hotseat, all at once... @_@;;;

Everything about SRB2's netcode is pretty terrible at the moment. D:

Im sorry, this map was givving to the others de-sync making them disconnect

This map was a blast but I found a problem. In one of the matches the game switch who was the in the Eggmobile when the fight started. It switched to me, (I was rather confused) and the guy who used to have the Eggmobile was just stuck floating in the air.

This map was a blast but I found a problem. In one of the matches the game switch who was the in the Eggmobile when the fight started. It switched to me, (I was rather confused) and the guy who used to have the Eggmobile was just stuck floating in the air.

That happens if the Eggmobile player leaves for any particular reason, the game randomly chooses a new player to control the Eggmobile instead.

The player (and seat back) it left floating there is just a dummy...
Sorry, it must not be cleaning up itself properly when someone leaves.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back