Not open for further replies.

Flame

WR 102
A Bomberman Mod designed for SRB2.

In-Game Screenshots:
srb20021gu5.png

srb20021td8.png

Current Features:
-Laying Bombs: You can lay bombs like in the original bomberman games.
-Bustable blocks: Blocks can be destroyed with a bomb.
-Custom camera: Custom Top-down camera, also at a fixed point.
-Vertical movement: You can move up and down along the Y axis in 2D mode.
-Pickup bombs: You can pickup bombs, just press what you would normally press for the jump button to pickup a bomb. (This MIGHT freeze gameplay occasionally)
-Customized boss: You can find the Boss which I modified on MAP03
-Custom Powerups: Powerups effect gameplay!
-Bomberman Physics of dropping bombs (Ie. Plant a bomb ontop of you and other stuff relating to that)
-Color changing bombs (Because then it's easier to locate other people's bombs)
-A 'Firepower' console command. It should only be used for testing purposes. Only works while you're in Devmode and not in multiplayer.

Problems/Bugs:
-If you try to play in a 3D map (Like Meadow Match, Sapphire falls, or any other map of the kind) The camera will SOMETIMES be in a fixed area, most likey where your player spawned. To beat around this for the time being, go into the console and type in CAM_SPEED .25
-If you are in a netgame, make sure the host pauses the netgame before people join, and then let the host reload the map, or else you'll get consistency failures.

If you would like to download this, click on one of the download links below.
Mirror 1 (Link removed.)
Mirror 2

ENJOY!

These are just credits for who helps out with the project.
Code:
Coders:
Flame the hedgehog
Shuffle
Turtle-Man

Levels:
Flame the hedgehog
SRB2-Playah

Last edited:
Just right click the link and go to properties and copy the link and paste it to the address bar.

@ Flame: You should make it so you can't run through the bombs. In the real BM games, you can't run through them.

My suggestions:
Faster acceleration on the movement. A bit too slow.
Move the camera closer to the arena.

Nice work, Flame. Keep it going.

Also, it'd be nice if he actually turned towards, and away from the camera when you moved along Y. I dunno if it was like that in the real Bomberman, but it looks really wierd, at least here.

I have played Bomberman before, and the camera isn't really close to the game itself. The camera in the original game is more like a 2D... rather a 3D game, though.

Could do with a better camera. Perhaps one that's titled a little more (although it would bork software mode) and doesn't move with your character (cam_still on)

Also, I agree with Draykon. Movement isn't like the actual bomberman.

Also, could you somehow disable diagonal frames?

And finally, the blocks could be smaller. Both the solid and soft ones.

FuryHunter said:
@ Flame: You should make it so you can't run through the bombs. In the real BM games, you can't run through them.

I was actually thinking of this... Although I don't know how it would play out.
TOFIX: Add MF_SOLID Flags to bombs.

SRB2-Playah said:
My suggestions:
Faster acceleration on the movement. A bit too slow.
Move the camera closer to the arena.

Yeah, as I said on IRC, the camera was fucked up if you moved too far away from it. I have supposevly fixed this, but in my testing, I have found that if the player moves too CLOSE to the camera, the game will crash for some unexplained reason when the player tries to lay a bomb.

I cannot move the stage closer until I fix the camera some more, it'll cause this unexplained crash. I'm sorry.
TOFIX: Somehow modify the camera in some way/shape/form, even though I've been doing this for the past 2 days.

TOFIX:
<FoxBlitzz> Also, shorten the fuses of the bombs.

Draykon said:
Also, it'd be nice if he actually turned towards, and away from the camera when you moved along Y. I dunno if it was like that in the real Bomberman, but it looks really wierd, at least here.

I have been trying to do something like this... For a while... I have to edit the forwardmove code.

EDIT: You can also download it by right clicking and clicking save as...

Alright people, The EXE has been updated in the first post with every type of known fix I could find.

VERSION 1.50.1 (In case you're too lazy to go back to the first page of the topic):
http://www.flaminghedgehog.php0h.com/Srb2/EXEs/Super-Bomberman-Blast-2.zip (Right click and Save as...)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dz65w2 <-- DLL FILES NEEDED

FIXED:
Bombs are now solid
The camera is now fixed (Took me a while to find out that the sound was the cause of the problems)
Your character faces up or down now when moving along the Y axis in 2D mode.

And also the map has been updated with something to make bombs become more visible.

I Plan to add future things to this like Bombup items and Speedup items.

Have fun! :D

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
The camera is now fixed (Took me a while to find out that the sound was the cause of the problems)

Don't you mean source?

No. I ment SOUND.

When you tried to lay a bomb when the camera was too close to you. The game would crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back