Beating the game in under 6 minutes reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.A.C.

For the Time Attack reward, it says I have to beat the game in under 6 minutes to get whatever it is. How is it possible to beat the game in under 6 minutes? I need help on the Time Attack and what are the best ways to making this task possible?

Play as Sonic and thok, thok, thok! Using FPS-style controls will help you majorly, as will the first-person mode (easier to see where you're about to thok to). And you don't have to do it all in one go. Just do it through the Time Attack. You only have to do the nine basic stages, not any bonus levels.

I'm extremely used to analog controls and I have never played a FPS on a PC ever. Also, I do go through time attacks but I'm just having tons of problems getting under 6 minutes. So far I have 8 minutes and 10 seconds.

Edit-

Excuse my ignorance but what is "thok"?

your double jump as sonic, it gives you an airborne burst of speed and is very useful.

Zanyhead said:
your double jump as sonic, it gives you an airborne burst of speed and is very useful.

I use it all of the time yet I can't even get past 8 minutes. >_>

Of course it's possible to beat 6 minutes. I beat 5! *bricked for gloating*
All I can say is use WASD and mouselook.

FoxBlitzz said:
Can you list your best times for each level?

Greenflower 1: (0:26:01)
Greenflower 2: (0:49:26)
Greenflower 3: (0:22:24)
Techno Hill 1: (1:15:16)
Techno Hill 2: (1:00:17)
Techno Hill 3: (0:35:14)
Castle Eggman 1: (1:33:00)
Castle Eggman 2: (1:43:23)
Castle Eggman 3: (0:24:02)

Some of those have better results on on the last version of the game.

Yeah, those times are pretty seriously slow. It's actually possible to complete each map in less than a minute. GFZ1 is actually completable in 13 seconds. I don't think you're thokking nearly enough. Sonic's thok is FAR faster than his run, so just thok repetitively when in an open area.

Here are my controls, wich helped me a gigantic lot.
Q="Toggle chasecam" Specially usefull when passing truh hard parts.
W=Forward.
A=Strafe left. Instead of having to turn the camera.
S=Back.
D=Strafe right.
And I use the mouse as the camera, wich is brilliant.

Espyo said:
Here are my controls, wich helped me a gigantic lot.
Q="Toggle chasecam" Specially usefull when passing truh hard parts.
W=Forward.
A=Strafe left. Instead of having to turn the camera.
S=Back.
D=Strafe right.
And I use the mouse as the camera, wich is brilliant.

I can't stand using a keyboard for SRB2.

The keyboard and mouse is generally the most effective control scheme for SRB2, with the keyboard to move and the mouse to turn, sometimes on a dime. However, I'm pretty sure you can still do 6 minutes if you practice. Try rolling on the conveyors in THZ2 and taking shortcuts (underground passage in THZ1, fastest route through CEZ1, etc.) as well as thokking as much as possible.

I just tried a run through the game. I went pretty quickly, getting 16 or 17 seconds on GFZ1, around 39 seconds on GFZ2, about 50 seconds on TH1, around 50 on TH2, 1:21 or something on CE1, and right around the same for CE2. This adds up to around 5 minutes 20 seconds, which is under 6 minutes, but I still didn't get the time attack unlockable, and the time attack screen said my best is 8:29. I saved and reloaded from the save frequently; does this affect the final time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back