Super Knuckles: Yay or Nay?

Do you think that this is a good idea?(READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE VOTING)

• A bit "meh" at first, but with what you just explained, maybe.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Won't effect me much, but add it anyway.

• Nah, just stick to Sonic going super only.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

Please close this topic, its already confirmed that Super Knuckles isn't in anyways.

Honestly, the game emulated the most in SRB2 is actually Sonic the Hedgehog 2. In Sonic 2, they made a very conscious decision to give Sonic a super form, and Tails got nothing. However, Super Sonic was very popular, so they expanded it a lot with Sonic 3K, giving every character a Super form and honestly, going far overboard, with Hyper forms, the whole nine yards.

That's just lame. All of the new forms were palette switches of the other characters, with Super Sneakers and Invincibility tacked on, as well as incredibly repetitive music that makes me keep a shield on all emerald saves to this day. None of them were anywhere near as downright "cool" as Super Sonic was, and honestly, we don't need lame palette switches in SRB2.

There is the reason why Super Tails/Super Knuckles/Hyper Sonic/Hyper Knuckles aren't in the game, in a nutshell. They just aren't that interesting.

Super Knuckles just isn't that interesting. Besides, think about it, Sonic Team only tried giving Knux a super form once, very few people liked it. SRB2 is based on the GOOD aspects of the classic games, not the DBZ-style-way-too-powerfull-compared-to-humans chessey recolours that are supposedly stronger aspects... Now what was I saying?

Well, I somewhat wondered how much adding SK would actually effect SRB2, so maybe SK could just stay out.

But I thought Hyper Sonic and Super Knuckles were in fact, quite well recieved among Sonic fans...

I spend an hour typing up a well-thought out post, only to have Mystic shoot it down much like how he does to me in netgames...

They were well received at the time. That doesn't mean they were good ideas. At the time, I was a 9 year old, and honestly, what nine year old isn't totally into cool uber powerful forms?

I've grown up, and I know better. The only thing I'd even CONSIDER is Hyper Sonic, and since everyone found out that we snuck it in in 1.08, that's kinda gotta disappear to keep the n00bs from oogling it. Fun little hidden ideas aren't worth getting a bazillion n00bs talking about how HPYER IS TEH AWESOM!!!1

Aww come on Mystic, Hyper deserves a return, but only as a flag in allowsuper. (as I suggested in the 1.1 suggestions thread).

Mystic said:
They were well received at the time. That doesn't mean they were good ideas. At the time, I was a 9 year old, and honestly, what nine year old isn't totally into cool uber powerful forms?

I've grown up, and I know better. The only thing I'd even CONSIDER is Hyper Sonic, and since everyone found out that we snuck it in in 1.08, that's kinda gotta disappear to keep the n00bs from oogling it. Fun little hidden ideas aren't worth getting a bazillion n00bs talking about how HPYER IS TEH AWESOM!!!1

I guess your right about it, I really was just guessing why this wasn't thrown in sence SRB2 is ment to be simliar to the classic Sonic games.

But your ARE right about the Hyper Sonic n00b thing, as seeing flashes in every second in a netgame was very annoying.

But you will have to delete the Emerald Shrine in Mystic Realm, and that puzzle in AGZ's emerald stage. But maybe you could fix Realm around a bit(at the end of PAZ1, you can just spin into the springs instead of having to thok past the pillars).

But the removal of Hyper + -noresetplayers HAS driven off a load of n00by COOP games(but I'm sick of seeing all these 1.09.2 netgames being seen to 1.09.3, and I haven't played in much netgames lately, so we should atn least block those 1.09.2 servers from being seen).

Mystic: You can get rid of "HPYER IS TEH AWESOME!!!1" messages by making it so people can't post a topic with those words. And maybe you can make Hyper harder to get by expanding those 8 emeralds to, well, 14. And FLB already came out with Super Knux and Super Tails.

Expanding the rquired emeralds would probably worse.

"OMG leik ware iz teh 8 and 14 emrld?!!?!?"

Yeah, I can confirm here that there will be no Super/Hyper Knuckles/Tails in the game; not only for the reasons that Mystic outlined but because it would be in a sense, 'overpowered' as the reward for playing as Sonic, who indisputably gets the harder game, would be rather more invalid; anyone playing through Mystic Realm as Tails will find the whole thing much easier! As such, yes, the reward for playing as Sonic will be the ability to play as Super Sonic.

Mystic is also right in saying that our design ethos is essentially 'Sonic-2-with-the-best-bits-of-3-chucked-in' (such as the multiple types of Shield).

--
Johnny

I say nay: Super Knuckles in Sonic 3 and Knuckles wasn't very well thought out and Hyper Knuckles even less so. The less said about Super Tails the better.

I found quite a few aspects of S3K very VERY overpowering and useless. (Probably just becuase of the 7 emerald rings in Mushroom Hill Zone ;P)

If anything, I'd suggest super tails/knux ONLY available with the Super emeralds (If they are ever included... In which I would suggest as an added aspect of the game...) And prehaps Hyper Sonic could give up hovering for the armageddon thok.

I don't think it's a neccesarilly terrible idea persay - just one that SRB2 itself won't be incorporating; if someone wishes to incorporate Super/Hyper Knuckles/Tails, then the recently added skin option and clever SOC usage should allow for that, and the implementation of Super Emeralds in some kind of crazy Mystic Realm-esque add-on. If you want to add them, feel free.

--
Johnny

ZTaimat said:
I found quite a few aspects of S3K very VERY overpowering and useless. (Probably just becuase of the 7 emerald rings in Mushroom Hill Zone ;P)

Actually there are about 8 in MHZ. I found 5 in act 1 and 3 in act 2.

ZTaimat said:
If anything, I'd suggest super tails/knux ONLY available with the Super emeralds (If they are ever included... In which I would suggest as an added aspect of the game...) And prehaps Hyper Sonic could give up hovering for the armageddon thok.

Wonderful Idea.

Mystic said:
Honestly, the game emulated the most in SRB2 is actually Sonic the Hedgehog 2. In Sonic 2, they made a very conscious decision to give Sonic a super form, and Tails got nothing. However, Super Sonic was very popular, so they expanded it a lot with Sonic 3K, giving every character a Super form and honestly, going far overboard, with Hyper forms, the whole nine yards.

That's just lame. All of the new forms were palette switches of the other characters, with Super Sneakers and Invincibility tacked on, as well as incredibly repetitive music that makes me keep a shield on all emerald saves to this day. None of them were anywhere near as downright "cool" as Super Sonic was, and honestly, we don't need lame palette switches in SRB2.

There is the reason why Super Tails/Super Knuckles/Hyper Sonic/Hyper Knuckles aren't in the game, in a nutshell. They just aren't that interesting.

Yeah, you're right. Take a look at Sonic Heroes. When my brother accidentally played on my file after we stopped playing it like a year ago, he found the last story, (which was hidden, meh) I forgot tha almost every Sonic game has an ending with Super Sonic which I forgot. The rip off was that they were in an electric shield.. but not really electric.. I think... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back