• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh snap!
I totally missed that! I'll remove my first post or something?
Sorry.

EDIT: (first post removed - I shall now comment)
I like the idea of making a SSBM mod, but you got to make sure that it doesn't die out or be as bad as the previous mods for SSBM/B. Also if it's not a exe mod does that mean you edited the gameplay through soc editing?

Last edited:
EDIT: (first post removed - I shall now comment)
I like the idea of making a SSBM mod, but you got to make sure that it doesn't die out or be as bad as the previous mods for SSBM/B. Also if it's not a exe mod does that mean you edited the gameplay through soc editing?

This isn't a SSBM mod. I have been working on this for three years, but I just posted this thread yesterday. The first three levels are somewhat similar to SSBM, but a majority of the mod includes custom content. I have already made
all of the maps, not including Adventure Mode, so the only challenge for the match maps is polishing them off. I am socing to modify the gameplay.

BTW: Do I sound angry when I type? If I do it's unintentional.

Last edited:
No, you don't sound angry.

My mistake I assumed that it was a mod for it as some people have done that before.
But you haven't answered my question...
TSDude said:
Also if it's not a exe mod does that mean you edited the gameplay through soc editing?

Nice to know someone's taking an initiative.

To be fair, this isn't the first time SRB2 has had something like this. http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=25594

However, this versions looks to be closer to the Smash games than Spazzo and FlameTH got. Maybe it was the limitations of 1.09.4, maybe it was lack of ambition. Nonetheless, good progress.

Huh, did you ever release those maps before? I remember once downloading a wad full of maps extreamly similar to those, but without the 2d and without much of the SOCs on there.

Huh, did you ever release those maps before? I remember once downloading a wad full of maps extreamly similar to those, but without the 2d and without much of the SOCs on there.

Well you are correct. I released quite a few betas of this in my noob days on the SRB2 Skybase. This was actually my first project so it's possible that you have seen a beta version of it.

Edit: I forgot to include 2dmode.soc in the old version. In the new version 2Dmode.soc has been merged with the main wad and improved.

Last edited:
Really like the idea Nick.

Also if it's not a exe mod does that mean you edited the gameplay through soc editing?

Maybe when 2.1 comes out Nick, you can do all sorts of new things to this project using LUA. Can't wait to see what lies in the future for this project.

The maps don't look particularly pretty, but functionally this seems pretty nice. I was just thinking it'd be fun to have a mod like this again recently! I also see what you did with the ledges there. Clever =P

While clever though, it looks like it needs a little tweaking if you can run off the edge and "grab" the ledge, unless that's what you were going for. Looks like it could get a little annoying though.

While clever though, it looks like it needs a little tweaking if you can run off the edge and "grab" the ledge, unless that's what you were going for. Looks like it could get a little annoying though.

That was intentional. In the last version people spin dashed off of the stage continuously and rage quit D:

I'm going to try to make the levels look nicer. I just improved Final Destination. Can you point out the specific levels that look bad?

That was intentional. In the last version people spin dashed off of the stage continuously and rage quit D:

Looks like somebody needs to lrn2spindash then ~_^

I'm going to try to make the levels look nicer. I just improved Final Destination. Can you point out the specific levels that look bad?

Pretty much all of them. They're all lacking in detail, some textures don't go very well together, and the maps are generally very flat. I'm seeing weird texture alignment in a few maps too. (e.g platforms and walls in Green Greens; the textures don't align very well on the walls and look weird on the floating platforms).

The Pokemon Stadium stage was looking a little better, but now you have just about everything using the same texture. I can see a total of around 6 textures, which is usually never a good thing unless they're varied, but these ones span large areas of the map with nothing breaking the silence so to speak.

The project looks great but, seriously man:

The levels has a simple design: Jingle Japes is awful!
Try to made it similar than the original, the bridges aren't floating on water, they all should be FOF, and the water has current on left direction, I didn't see them.

In this mod, the normal rings aren't nessesary, I think you can remove them. (The HUD too!)

Also, the edge grab is really cool but, it's a bit buggy.
Continue to work, I think if you revamp all your stage and fix all glitch, it would be one of the best mod!

the bridges aren't floating on water, they all should be FOF, and the water has current on left direction, I didn't see them.

I did FOF the bridges. Are you playing my old version?

In this mod, the normal rings aren't nessesary, I think you can remove them. (The HUD too!)

If there aren't any rings then the players will die instantly. I spent hours making the hud, why should I remove it? I can't switch to a brawl style damage system without making an EXE. I don't know how to edit the EXE.

I Was Thinking About That You Should Add Rails Or EXplosives To Make That Knockback Effect Like In SSBB

The video I just saw of your mod make's most of the level's look plain without custom texture's. But the thing I like was is the edge grab with the FOF. But I have two question's for you.

I'm considering that, but i'm not sure. I never have been good with custom textures.

1. Can't you find someone who know's how to make custom texture's and create a team for this mod?

2. Is this mod for like all the Super Smash Bros game's combine into one?

Whenever I make a custom texture it corrupts the file.

That's why XWE or SLADE creates backup's to copy the exact file without it corrupting the original. You might be doing something wrong when creating the custom texture because it might be the PNAMES or something that your doing wrong. Srb2 Doom Builder also create's backup's in a similar way just in case if it corrupt's.

After so my backups disappears and the project dies D:

And Backup's can't just magically disappear...
Well at least I know they can't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back