Interface and Accessibility Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really love the new features. They're looking very good.

I'm fine with that, never cared much for SRB1 Remake really but it was fun playing these short levels co-op, the menu didn't allow us to choose them so we had to use console to do it, with playersforexit set to al, If it were to be released as an addon instead It'd be nice to have the option to play them co-op or race without having to use console commands.

SRB1 remake is something I played once, beat, and never needed to play again. As iconic as it is, replacing it with unlockable content that is worth replaying is definitely a positive change.

I wouldn't mind loosing it as unlockable content provided the resources are kept. (though I suspect the badniks will be kicked out with the levels)

I want my Ice bricks.

If we lose one.... will we get a new one?

I think we can assume so. SRB2 doesn't really have that many unlockable stages without SRB1. Plus there'll be new emblems in ACZ2, so it would be weird to require more emblems to unlock less unlockables.

I don't mind it at all that SRB1 Remake is being removed. Its just some generic platforming and pushing buttons and not really Sonic-like gameplaywise. It is something I play every now and then but nothing I would miss as an unlockable.

But I'd like to see the level themes from SRB1 remake taken and see some actual good and original 2D platforming stages. And with the recent additions such as slopes or even axis 2D (I know its a lua mod but it sure can be made in the game itself) it can be done better than ever before. Having a good 2D campaign based on the prequel game on top of good 3D platforming game makes a great unlockable worth to actually go for it and also gives additional replay value. That of course means more time and effort and that this idea (IF taken into consideration) will be rather on a lower prioritiy, but still something I'd really love to see and have nonetheless.

I don't mind it at all that SRB1 Remake is being removed. Its just some generic platforming and pushing buttons and not really Sonic-like gameplaywise. It is something I play every now and then but nothing I would miss as an unlockable.

But I'd like to see the level themes from SRB1 remake taken and see some actual good and original 2D platforming stages. And with the recent additions such as slopes or even axis 2D (I know its a lua mod but it sure can be made in the game itself) it can be done better than ever before. Having a good 2D campaign based on the prequel game on top of good 3D platforming game makes a great unlockable worth to actually go for it and also gives additional replay value. That of course means more time and effort and that this idea (IF taken into consideration) will be rather on a lower prioritiy, but still something I'd really love to see and have nonetheless.

True dat. The SRB1 Remake should of been a TRUE remake that drastically changes the whole game, not a perfect redo of the levels, or something. I would like some big changes for the SRB1 Remake. For example: drastical changes to the level design, sorta like Mega Man Powered Up. If this happens, maybe a future update for SRB2 The Past simply brings back the SRB1 Remake we currently have. To visit it again and show it to newcomers at the same time.

Last edited:
If I were to toss SRB1 Remake into SRB2 the Past, it would have to be handled differently than how all the other unlockables are due to one key feature. SRB1 Remake forces the use of Sonic and Knuckles.

Out of all the unlockables, it would be the only one you have to access via the menu opposed to a hub.

The in_dev page on the wiki says that 2.2 will include some stages from the past few Official Level Design Contests. So yeah more unlockables.

This reminds me of a question I have still yet to be seen addressed. Back in the day when OLDC was still a thing, I remember Mystic saying something along the lines of the best OLDC levels will be implemented into 2.2. Seeing as OLDC is kinda retired at the moment, what's the new plan for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back