• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Bowling Alley - Special Edition -ITS BAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT5: DO NOT VOTE UNTILL FINAL VERSION!!!
EDIT4 = Noo! I posted it in editing and not levels! , WEll I COULD Need a beta

EDIT3 = Nodifyed The user and waiting for reply

EDIT2: Compeating Agenst http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=12163&highlight=bowling

EDIT: Beta 1

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Waiting for user to reply

used for MAINCFG: SOCedit

Used for map: SRB2 DOOM BUILDER

I liked the Bowling Alley Beta that was in the editing and now I want you to compare witch one is the best.

Information =

MAP11

Spoilers =

An't tellin

New Feautures =

1. Teleporters

2. Different textures

3. Night Time

4. Behind The Bars

5. If andvanced, teleported to boss

6. If bad, teleported to teleport level

Screenshots:

srb20017.png

srb20018.png

srb20019.png

srb20020.png

srb20013.png

srb20014.png

srb20015.png

srb20016.png

srb20009.png

srb20010.png

srb20011.png

srb20012.png

srb20005.png

srb20006.png

srb20008.png

srb20003.png

Downloads:
Sendspace

Super Sanctuary

MegaUploader

Credits

All by Donovan The Hedgehog

Vote by %.

Re: Bowling Alley - Special Edition

It's good that you put this in editing becuase it can still use a LOT of work.

SA mode and teleporters everywhere do not equal a good level, my friend. You seemed to have random bonus boxes placed periodically throughout the level, such as a life box in the middle of a blinky-blue room. Work on your the level design as a whole, and the item/teleporter/SA mode problems might fix themselves:

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Level_Design

Please under stand that the above link is NOT, I repeat NOT, intended to be an insult- you've shown as that you are a competent level creator, now prove to us that your a competent level designer.

Re: Bowling Alley - Special Edition

Goober said:
It's good that you put this in editing becuase it can still use a LOT of work.

SA mode and teleporters everywhere do not equal a good level, my friend. You seemed to have random bonus boxes placed periodically throughout the level, such as a life box in the middle of a blinky-blue room. Work on your the level design as a whole, and the item/teleporter/SA mode problems might fix themselves:

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Level_Design

Please under stand that the above link is NOT, I repeat NOT, intended to be an insult- you've shown as that you are a competent level creator, now prove to us that your a competent level designer.[/quote]

THX

Uhh...

SRB2FHH said:
Invalid download link.

Anyways...Im going to see it and test it.
Edit:Ok...time to rate!!
  1. Enemies in the central teleport.This room containms alot of jetty-syn-gunners that will auto-hit you when you enter and an Eggman.There are 80 RINGS IN THE ROOM!!Enough to be Super.
  2. Not enough enemies in the another room.Castle Eggman Zone 2 has alot/Necesary enemies so...it keeps where it is...instead,This level ruins the ''dificult curve''Because it's too easy.
  3. Object Placement is horrible.We can see in Level Desing 101 in the Wiki that Things like 1-ups/Armadeggon shields must be placed in hard-to-reach places,And at one of the ends what do i see?A 1-up.And...
  4. SA-Mode.The SA mode sucks...Can you read the Level Desing 101 Please??

I'm gonna rate this...lemme see...This deserves a 0/10.It's the worst level that i have ever seen.(Excluding my wads...)

Superusuario said:
I'm gonna rate this...lemme see...This deserves a 0/10.It's the worst level that i have ever seen.(Excluding my wads...)

Whao, dude, was that really necessary? You gave the guy 4 good tips, then blatantly flamed him. WTC?

Goober said:
Superusuario said:

Whao, dude, was that really necessary? You gave the guy 4 good tips, then blatantly flamed him. WTC?

That's not a flame, it's a rating based on his criticism. In his opinion it's the worst level that he's ever seen. He's entitled to his opinion. How is this a flame? Did he direct anything inflammatory at the author? No? Then it's not a flame.

Superusuario said:
This deserves a 0/10.It's the worst level that i have ever seen.(Excluding my wads...)

Oh, er, opinion... not flame. Duely noted. My bad, Ash.

EDIT:
The Rules said:
"This WAD is awful. Here's why: List" - Constructive. This clearly explains what is wrong with the WAD and even how it could be fixed.

Ok I see. My mistake.

Donovan the hedgehog said:
EDIT5: DO NOT VOTE UNTILL FINAL VERSION!!!

Seems like an excuse to stop the bad ratings.

Anyways, i'm going to download this (ew) and rate it.

Edit: Oh... my. In this case, I can simpily not provide critisim, because this is one of those levels that I just can't figure out where to start. All I can say right now is look at a few good levels (Nuclear Sunset Zone for example).

Dark Fox, he changed the title because everyone else saying it was bad.

And why is this topic still alive, even if the WAD itself is bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back