Suggestions

Ok we have a time atack mode. To make it more interesting is there a way to have like someone to race against and then race your time on beating it? Would this be a cool idea? Was this suggested already?

Ok we have a time atack mode. To make it more interesting is there a way to have like someone to race against and then race your time on beating it? Would this be a cool idea? Was this suggested already?
Many, many times. The problem is that it's not easy to implement because the demo playback requires the enemies be positioned correctly to allow the player to bounce off of them, among other things.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would it be possible to create invisible ghosts of the enemies for the player ghost to bounce off of, get hit by, etc? That might solve that problem.

It might, and there are other methods that might work, but it's quite a difficult problem to solve, despite how simple it sounds on paper.

Easy fix: For time attack replays, save the XYZ and the frame status (stand, walk, run, idle, spin, jump, spring, fall, hurt, tailspickup, bubble, death) of the player for every tic. That way, even if a level element/enemy is not where it should be, the "ghost" will still take the exact same path he did before. Just so long as he spawns in the right location on the map, and that the game doesn't skip a single tic.

Obviously, the ghost would clip through any object found on its path, and while this may lead to some "unusual" scenarios (IE a ghost rising in its idle animation because of a raising FOF), I believe it's the best solution yet.

Last edited:
Spazzo, that would be much more complicated for both recording and playback. The file size would be larger as well. I'm not sure if it would be enough to really make a difference, but it's something to take note of.

make it so when you have a water pool, and the floor has the electric special, it shocks you. it can make for some pretty decent elemental traps

Spazzo, that would be much more complicated for both recording and playback. The file size would be larger as well. I'm not sure if it would be enough to really make a difference, but it's something to take note of.
Such is the difference between a ghost and input logging. Personally, I'd love to have both, with ghosts ALWAYS recording (and then playing back in Time Attack mode), and input only recording via the relevant option in the menu.

have the archer bots (the green ones from Castle Eggman) jump at sonic from a farther range. You currently have to be right on top of them before they jump.

Here is a big sugestion. Now I remember that Sonic can carry people when he is Super. Why don't we have a Supersoniccarry command?

make it so when you have a water pool, and the floor has the electric special, it shocks you. it can make for some pretty decent elemental traps

Or you could just tag the water block with the electric damage to gain the exact same effect.

Permchasecam -1/0/1

-1 = Treats camera normally (Depending on gametype)
0 = Turns off chasecam regardless of gametype.
1 = Turns on chasecam regardless of gametype.

Use an alternate ability system, like this

Ability1 = Air Ability
Ability2 = Spin Ability
Ability3 = Other Ability
Ability4 = Combat Ability
Ability5 = Super Ability

And now, for knuckles with this style

Ability1 = Glide/Climb
Ability2 = Spin Dash
Ability3 = Brick Breaker
Ability4 = Rapid Fire
Ability5 = Multi Ability

Scrolling 2D level linedef option that can go either left to right or upwards. This would add more variety to levels, especially 2D levels. Zones like Bridge Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog for Master System), Lava Reef Zone Act 2 where you dodge Eggman's missiles before the boss fight (Sonic & Knuckles), and Sunset Park Zone Act 3 (Sonic Triple Trouble).

I guess Training mode would be EXTREMELY useful! It's so bad that I always encounter grandmaster players, and I don't stand a chance! It would be a mode where you can select from Match/Team Match or CTF! The players would be you, and computer(s)! You could even choose computers to be on your side! The main ,,Practice" meaning is that fact you can set the computers' skill level!
1.Training doll (Stand in one place, do nothing! It's very useful for practicing sniping from far places!)
2.Baby (Acts like someone who just downloaded SRB2: only uses red rings to attack, and hardly move!)
3.Easy (Uses every weapon and move more, but still cannot defend itself good, and uses weapons badly.)
4.Advanced (Moves normally, use every weapon, but may miss easily, but tries to defend itself, but may fail...
5.Master (Moves fast, thinks every movement, uses weapons handsomely, also defenses itself, and can't be shot easily.
6.GrandMaster (Beware, a mechanic awesomeness! The ultimate enemie! Moves the MOST precisely, almost never fall off, uses weapons so awesome that it will snipe you from the other end of the stage! Also, it will run around you until you run out of rings, then shoot you.)

Yes, this IS VERY complicated and hard to do, maybe stupid, but I would love it from the middle of my heart! :)

I think that we should make it so that the same PolyObject can be spawned in multiple places. Obviously, this wouldn't work well for PolyObjects that follow waypoints, but for Polyobjects that just spin or swivel in one place, this would be a real time-saver.

A new kind of optional autoexec.CFG that only gets executed when you host a server. (Like hostexec.CFG or something)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back