Where did the ideas for SRB2's soundtrack come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant:

Where did the ideas for each track come from?
Like, what was the inspiration for each tune?
I would assume that GFZ was inspired by a more serene atmosphere.

It says in the link Kaysakado posted "Based From"
So you should be asking the inspiration for those songs, not SRB2s

Shrike said:
I would assume that GFZ was inspired by a more serene atmosphere.

Isn't it obvious? The tune for each level is inspired by the level itself. You'd think that something like Techno Hill would be self-explanatory.

Mystic said:
No, actually O_MAP51 is a song from a Japanese kid's show, if I recall.

No, that's a short little tune that was one of two originally competing special stage themes. Arrow finished the other one which became O_MAP50.

Greenflower Zone was composed before the levels even had names. "Level Music 1" and "Level Music 2" was what they were originally labeled.

Well, I love the soundtrack. Will any of the music be updated or changed for the ME?
And are we expecting a soundtrack for ME, you know. A CD or something containing the songs looped 2 or 3 times.

Kaysakado said:
http://www.thewaitingroom.org/music/

I personally hope that isn't the soundtrack after ME or the final, of course, it's most likely subject to change. All of the tracks need to tone down on the guitar usage a bit and some shouldn't use them at all. In other words, more variation. Don't get me wrong, I love the guitar, but some of the tracks don't sound much like music from the Sonic universe anymore because of that. Green Flower Zone Act 2, however, was on the right track. Kinda like the first level of Sonic Adventure; the way it should be and how the series started handling more realistic music as opposed to the fantasy music of the 16 and 32-bit series.

Castle Eggman is a good example of using them in every track. Instead of instrumentation like an orchestra, the guitar takes over once again on the main melody and Act 2. It's probably me but it just doesn't sound right for the theme. Using the guitar in Techno Hill Zone killed it for me. I liked 0:28-0:48, then it started getting a little crazy.

I'm very impressed with Deep Sea Zone Act 2. I believe it was composed very well. The Boss track was very well done. I like the way how it was handled. Sounded like an enhanced/improved version of the 1.0.94 version, rendering a great track to be even greater.

For me, the general formula of the 1.0.94 music was well in terms of instrumentation and only a few levels need certain instrumentation such as the guitar. I already love the current version of the tracks. This is just my opinion though. Other than my constructive criticism, I say great job.

I believe the link Kaysakado posted is a bunch of mixes/remixes by Shane. That is not the form the music will take ingame. Its not the first time someone's remixed a SRB2ME tune, and probably will not be the last.

JEV3 said:
I believe the link Kaysakado posted is a bunch of mixes/remixes by Shane. That is not the form the music will take ingame. Its not the first time someone's remixed a SRB2ME tune, and probably will not be the last.
But isn't Shane doing the soundtrack for SRB2ME? There was a discussion on Irc about it once.

From what I understand, those mp3s were concepts on where to take some of the music.

Blue Warrior said:
From what I understand, those mp3s were concepts on where to take some of the music.

I'll agree with you on that one since I don't know the standpoint of that soundtrack. Whoever worked on this, I like the direction that Greenflower Zone Act 2, the Boss, and Deep Sea Zone Act 2 are headed like I said before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back