One week after launch - has SRB2ME lived up to expectations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
srb2kirbyo said:
Bonus levels(Nights and Mario) are the same as 1.09.4. (Boo) Give us more levels,like Botanic Serenity secret level.
No SA Levels (Boo!)

1. There were more bonus levels than these and the ones kept from 1.09.4 are also good.
2. SA controls are really annoying. The one that was in 1.09.4 also wasn't fun.

Luminous said:
It was pretty disappointing.
You are known for disliking almost every single stage that has been designed for this game. How can you be disappointed?

SpiritCrusher said:
srb2kirbyo said:
Bonus levels(Nights and Mario) are the same as 1.09.4. (Boo) Give us more levels,like Botanic Serenity secret level.
No SA Levels (Boo!)

1. There were more bonus levels than these and the ones kept from 1.09.4 are also good.
2. SA controls are really annoying. The one that was in 1.09.4 also wasn't fun.

Luminous said:
It was pretty disappointing.
You are known for disliking almost every single stage that has been designed for this game. How can you be disappointed?

I'm pretty sure srb2k hasn't unlocked everything yet and that Luminous is a troll.

emblempride said:
I'm pretty sure srb2k hasn't unlocked everything yet and that Luminous is a troll.
srb2k has actually written something about SRB1 Remake in his post and yes, Luminous is a troll.

I actually liked some of the stages in 1.09.4. The 2.0 stages just don't live up to their expectations. Techno Hill was a blast, and so was Red Volcano. I simply didn't have as much fun with the new levels in this game.

Hey, guys, just thought I'd throw this out there, but a troll is someone whose aim is to disrupt normal conversation. Not someone who is pessimistic by default.

Luminous said:
I actually liked some of the stages in 1.09.4. The 2.0 stages just don't live up to their expectations. Techno Hill was a blast, and so was Red Volcano. I simply didn't have as much fun with the new levels in this game.
I think you once said that GFZ2 was the only good level in 1.09.4. It could have been someone else though.

But why do you like the levels that consist simple, gimmick-less platforming more than challenging, varied level full of interesting gimmicks?

EDIT:
Blue Warrior said:
Hey, guys, just thought I'd throw this out there, but a troll is someone whose aim is to disrupt normal conversation. Not someone who is pessimistic by default.
Well, he's not exactly a troll but I can't understand why he is an active member of a community for a game he doesn't like.

I personally didn't like how the gimmicks were used. They just ruin the flow of the game. GFZ and THZ are small, and they don't really need gimmicks to make the level fun.

Luminous said:
I personally didn't like how the gimmicks were used. They just ruin the flow of the game. GFZ and THZ are small, and they don't really need gimmicks to make the level fun.
I understand what you mean. Instead of keeping the speed like in the older Sonic games, they make you stop and deal with them. It's obviously not everyone's cup of tea.

emblempride said:
I'm pretty sure srb2k hasn't unlocked everything yet.

I have one more unlockable Emblem to go... I think I found most of the unlockables. D:

It still needs more NiGHTS stages...

I missed this, but....
Autosaver said:
Oh, and the classic games last special stages were easy. Sonic 2's - Much easier then the previous ones Sonic 3- Easy Sonic 1 - Easy
Yeah, because frustrating is equivalent to honestly challenging and interesting. Go away.

SpiritCrusher said:
It was mentioned in the old 1.1 thread of the wiki as well in some recent forum thread that I can't find right now.

Are you sure it has not been canned? (like doom-ship zone)

SpiritCrusher said:
Blue Warrior said:
Yeah, because frustrating is equivalent to honestly challenging and interesting.
See ERZ in combination with the new save system. Awesome.

Well, primary problem there is you only get one continue unconditionally. Egg Rock Zone is very fun, but gaming over on it is kind of a pain in the ass.

srb2kirbyo said:
SpiritCrusher said:
It was mentioned in the old 1.1 thread of the wiki as well in some recent forum thread that I can't find right now.

Are you sure it has not been canned? (like doom-ship zone)

First, Doomship seems to be the boss for DCZ now (at least the MainCFG says so) and second, I think it was said in the mentioned thread that it was not finished yet. I'll try to find the thread and quote it here.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was only someone who quoted the wiki...

Blue Warrior said:
I missed this, but....
Autosaver said:
Oh, and the classic games last special stages were easy. Sonic 2's - Much easier then the previous ones Sonic 3- Easy Sonic 1 - Easy
Yeah, because frustrating is equivalent to honestly challenging and interesting. Go away.

The same thing applys. And how dare you say go away young man. :p

Singleplayer/Coop: I love all of the new singleplayer maps because of all the different paths you can take. I love that kind of exploration element in any sonic game and it adds a ton to the replayability of the campaign. Very good idea to have the option that all players need to finish in coop.

Match: I've never been very good at match but the new additions are very welcomed. I do miss some of the older maps, however.

CTF: Again I suck at this, but I love the addition of team rings so enimies are less likely to hang out in your base.

Tag: I love the new tag. :D
It plays a lot like infection from halo. I do think that the original tag gametype should make a return for the people who want it.

Hide and Seek: I like this one too. It offers nice break from all the other fast-paced versus modes, with a nice, mellow, and simple experience.

Race: I actually haven't played much race. I didn't in the previous version either, but it is pretty fun from the little I've played of it. I like how there are other paths that tails and knuckles can take so sonic isn't as overpowered.

Overall: 2.0 completely fullfilled my expectations and more.
Great job guys and I'm looking foreward to the next release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back