Suggestions

When you activate the egg capsule, the camera should somehow be turned to an angle where you can see the activation better. 'Cause I remember thinking: "What the heck did that do?" the first time I pushed the button on the egg capsule. Mostly due to the fact that I couldn't see anything happening on the angle I was on.

The ability to bind camera control to a joystick axis. I'd love to use my right analog stick on my gamepad for camera conrtol.

I know we can switch between 2D and 3D mode in the middle of the level, but let's expand on that:

Linedef Type Four Hundred Something: Change Level Mode

Change Level Mode is a linedef executor that changes the TypeOfLevel in the middle of the game. It is mainly used for being able to switch in and out of Mario mode, 2D mode, Adventure mode, NiGHTS mode, and Christmas mode. The control sector's floor height determines the new game mode. Changing actual gametypes in the middle of the game, such as changing a 1P level to a Match level, has no effect. The new TypeOfLevel is ALWAYS retained after dying.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Linedef Type Four Hundred Something: Change Level Mode

What would you use something like this for? You can actually already do it, via 'run script' linedef executor and call RUNSOC <lumpname> that has a new map header in it.

Unique start points depending on what player you are playing as.

Hold on, hear me out. Remember Sonic & Knuckles? Think back to Mushroom Hill. If you were playing as Sonic, you'd start out up high in Act 1, whereas as Knuckles, you'd be down low at the level's start. I suppose Carnival Night might be an even better example, especially since the two paths don't even cross until the mini-boss, and split off again very early on (unless you take advantage of a spot where Sonic's path pokes out a bit, and cut into his path from there - I do that a lot, it's fun :) ).

Basically, while the official levels in SRB2 have pretty much no need for anything other than generic starting points, it'd be pretty awesome to have for the more ambitious level designers around here to take advantage of. Imagine a truly co-op level where some of the players have to work together on individual paths devoted to their characters to finish the level. Imagine playing the same single-player level in three unique ways due to the starting points being placed so that linedef executors can modify the level as needed for each character's run through to be completely different, despite being the same level. In short, imagine S3&K, but in SRB2.

Of course, the devil is in the details, so basically, each character would first see if their character has a unique spawn point in the map. Failing that, it would see if a generic spawn point were present, and failing that, it'd search for Sonic's spawn, Tails' spawn, and then Knux's spawn, in that order, and place them at whichever is found first. Failing THAT, it'd either crash (like it presently does when no Player 1 spawn exists) or place you into a multiplayer spawn if available (else it'd crash, again). As for custom characters, they'd default to Sonic's spawn unless explicitly stated otherwise (i.e.: "make my echidna fan char, Mari-Soo, spawn at Knuckles' spawn, please"). Also, the "generic spawn" could just be Sonic's spawn, to avoid having four types of spawn points (not even counting multiplayer and CTF spawn points).

I think it'd be pretty awesome if done right - very much in the vein of S3&K. You agree?

airrollup
abilityrollup

Booleans that when set to 1, it allows the character to roll-up into a ball after launching off of a spring or after using an ability at the cost of their upward momentum. Rolling after an ability does not restore the ability's use unless multiability is active.

Heres a good and simple feature,

Allow yourself to switch from fullscreen to windowed or visa-versa in game.

It's a bit annoying to have to restart the game everytime you want to switch between the 2.

Monster Iestyn said:
Please keep discussion to the Discussion topic, guys...
I am, i was just saying....>_>

Anyways the time attack background and the results background, can you make it like sonic 2's where it changes

DW Edit: I don't know who you were addressing, or who you think you are to determine this, but decisions on who is/isn't an administrator are not made by you. Consider this a warning.

Anyways, make a sound test options, so we won't have to type in the tunes in on the console.

Make sideways springs.

Make a slow-motion sector effect.

Make a linedef executor, change camera view and scroll.

Let the Red Volcano boss shoot flamethrowers like in sonic 3D blast.(Egg-Flamer)

Let the Arid Canyon boss be something that throws TNT bombs at you.(Egg-Bomber)

Let Red Volcano 2 have platforms that falls as you move close to it likein Marble Zone.

Let water/lava toss platforms up in the air like on Marble Zone as well.

Give the bowser enemy new/better sprites.

Change the selection options like in the regular sonic games: Choose a character than choose a zone.

Make a new enemy with spinning fireballs like in ristar for Red Volcano.
Make a armadillo enemy that spins and attack you for Arid Canyon.
Make a grounder enemy that pops up from underground like in Labyrinth and Auqatic Ruin.
Make some Gadget enemies for Dark City.
Make an enemy that Grabs and take all your rings away like in Chemical Plant.
Make a Dragon enemy that pops out the lava like in Hill Top Zone.
Mane an enemy that charges at you like a bull.

Make a boss pinch.

Make an animated intermission screen like on sonic 2.

Make a new gametype: Score the most points, destroy the most enemies and/or collect the most rings.

Remix the credits, mix up the music like in sonic 1-3.

Give the player a higher jumpheight in 2D-Mario mode.

Make extra skies for valid choices.

Make a gravity sector where you can freely move around.

Make bumpers like in spring yard and all that.

Make cannons where you can launch yourself.

Add an Extra Zone for collecting all the emeralds: Doomsday and Nonagression. Name it, "The Final Judgement".

Let Tails Follow Sonic as a choice.

Let sonic turn hyper like in sonic 3 & knuckles when all 8 emeralds are collected.(Alot of people probaly already said it)

Make spinning diamonds and icicle sprites like in Ice Cap.

Make a Hidden Palace Zone.

Stop the game from crashing if the player dont have wads to join netgames.

Unmodify - command to remove all the wads and cheats so we wont to restart the game before joining netgames.

Walking on walls gravity.

Make a spinning wheel cage like Metropolis and Flying Battery.

Make pop-tops like in Oil Ocean.

Make those vertical hang pulleys like in Hot Crater and Coral Cave.

Make actual cloud sprites that the players can bounce on.

Make vikings/knights that move their swords up and down.(Perfect for Castle Eggman)

Make a lighting bridge that Appears for 5 seconds then dissapears then repeats like in Techno Base.

Let tails and knuckles be super in single player mode.

Change Red Volcano act 1 ending.

Make a spinning disk that the players can ride on like in Shadow the Hedgehog.

Make extra enmies for Mario mode like Boo, Koopas and the Caterpillars.

Make a 3D Knothole Base zone.

Make shatteting things like falling spikes and icicles and rocks.

Let Z-Dooms float and move around in water,lava and oil.

Let Doom Ship Zone have Voice sounds and Warnings.

Thats about all I have for now, hopefully these can work and I can try to think of more soon.

alwaysspintrail

I don't know if this has already been suggested, but how about an addition to the S_SKIN1 lump that makes it so that whenever the character is spinning with the spin button, it does the spin trail, no matter what speed the character is going.

A per-map scripting langauge, like ACS in Hexen.

Here's a script that's based off of ACS's structure.

Code:
script 1 (void) \\The first script of the map. (void) means it has to be activated by something, like a line.
{ \\Starts the actual script
  L106(5, 0, 5, 0); \\L106 stands for Linedef Type 106; aka Move Sector Floor. It goes (tag, floor height, speed, and flags). The first three are hopefully self explainatory, however flags are 64 equal to NOCLIMB while the special is used on a linedef, while 2 is equal to BLOCKMONSTERS. They can be combined for the effect, just like normal.
  wait; \\Waits until the previous special is done, then continues.
  L107(6, 512, 32, 64) \\Move Sector Ceiling. See Move Sector Floor for parameters, obviously.
  terminate; \\Stops the script from looping. While this has no effect on the map if it loops, if could mess with performance.
} \\Closes the script.

script 2 (void) ect.

While all this demonstrates is making a switch that opens a door without control sectors, or atleast as many, I could demonstrate something hard/impossible to do with control sectors. Oh, and the \\'s mark comments until the next line.

Name-Tags on top of players in netplay. All team members nametags would appear if thier close by. And enemey player names would only appear if the players crosshair facing the enemey (Or if in third person mode, the players character is facing the enemey).

Fans need streakes of visible wind coming from them. If they are on the ground, or in the water (THZ2 for example), they cannot be seen easily.

Add a new flag to the Water FOF to allow runonwater. Or waterrun, I forgot which one's the right one.

Think of it like making Hydrocity Zone for SRB2. You've got water that you can't run ontop of, and after the big water slide, you have water that you can run ontop of. That would be a great way to remove runonwater from skins, and to make sure that it'll be put to good use.

Also, a Random Animal code. It's boring to hit a type of bot that will always spawn the same animal. Either a flicky, bunny, or lab rat. Why not add a code that will spawn random animals?

I dunno if this was suggested, but I think it should be put in.
When using first person, if you aim the crosshair at someone, it should show their name above it, or if you're in first person, the name would be above their head.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Back