sonic mmorpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
But wouldnt that be a good idea? I've been having thoughts of making one. Of course, with speed added to it, not slow like Paper Mario.

No, because there's not really such a thing as a fast-paced RPG.

Zelda doesn't count since it's an action-adventure title, or classified as such, IIRC.

A Sonic RPG is really the most ill conceived idea ever. It defeats the whole point of flow to get knocked into a battle every 15 steps.

Well, it could also be something like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
That's considered an RPG, right? It does have equipment and levels and experience and ect.
Man, I loved that game... ^_^

SRB2-Playah said:
Well, it could also be something like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
That's considered an RPG, right? It does have equipment and levels and experience and ect.
Man, I loved that game... ^_^
No, it's not. It's an action game with a few RPG-like elements. SotN is a platformer, no way around it.

From Computer and Video Games (posted here so you don't have to put up with this freakin' GT4 ad that decides to leave it's predetermined banner space to take up the whole screen EVERY TEN SECONDS):

They said:
SEGA SLAMS SONIC ONLINE SPECULATION

Publisher strongly denies reports that a Sonic MMORPG is speeding our way

11:42 The web has been spun into a frenzy by spiky speculation that a Sonic online role-playing game is on the way, but Sega has slammed the rumours as completely false.

Whispers of a Sonic MMORPG have been fizzing around the internet for years now, sparked by the online capabilities of the Dreamcast. But the speculation shifted into high gear recently when US multimedia developer Panovision was pegged as the company working on the game.

Clues on Panovision's website, which is currently down for 'server upgrades', clearly suggest that the developer is indeed working on an online Sonic RPG.
So, this confirms it: it's a fangame. Caused quite a stir, though.

hotdog003 said:
JetKrazy said:
And where can I get this... coughcoughsonicrushcoughcough?
Sorry for dragging this off topic, but you will be able to get coughcoughsonicrushcoughcough from the coughcoughvideogamestorecoughcough in a couple months.
sonic rush pwns

o yea, this is gettin off topic,(is that against the rules, by the way??)

anyway, back on topic, i hope this sonic orpg comes out soon :P

brianv said:
o yea, this is gettin off topic,(is that against the rules, by the way??)

anyway, back on topic, i hope this sonic orpg comes out soon :P

My GOD!

He's had a warning, I think. I should get the Flame Form out. :wink:

This idea came to me yesterday. Why not create a topic in archives which would be the flame form?
Every time you would like to flame someone, you just copy, paste and replace the Xs with the options you would like to use.
*Runs to suggestions.... Or noooot...*

Arf, that would get really overused and boring after a while, so I'd really reccomend the mods that they DON'T do that =/

It was hillarious, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back