Wow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
But... In hardware mode, when you look STRAIGHT down, you cannot see anything but the floor because the sprites are completely flat! It's useful when someone's climbing above you and you want to catch up or something, but you're not gonna get someone off your back if you look straight up or down. Oh, and while I'm posting...
sw2k said:
yep, and the only possible way is 3d models.
Yeah, well don't. -_- The "3D Model Support" sucks,
WHICH
MAKES
YOU
USELESS.

You don't care about translucent walls and colour maps being totally broken, BlazeHedgehog? Those two problems pretty much cancel out the "OpenGL is pretty" argument, wouldn't you say?

I hadn't even noticed or known color maps were broken, really. I suppose thinking about it, I seem to remember that the red warning lights in THZ don't flash like they do in Software, but... oh well?

Forgot about Transluscent walls.

Still, none of that stuff bothers me enough to put up with the ugly awful software mode.

The thing about OGL that makes me use software is how damn bright it is. Since maps have to have lighting set for software, dark rooms in software are very bright in OGL. This makes several of my darker maps just look like ass in OGL.

Another annoyance in OGL is the fact that it doesn't work with large skies properly, like in MAP94.

If the skies aren't working properly in OGL for you, it's a limitation of your hardware. Older video accelerators have texture size limits of 256x256 or 512x512. Modern ones can support textures as large as 4096x4096.

You can actually fix this by putting

VOODOOCOMPATIBILITY ON

in the autoexec.cfg

No, you saw it too, AJ. It's not that they don't work, it's that they're smashed weirdly. I doubt a GeForce 4 would need a Voodoo workaround =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back