• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

Maybe posting a screenshot will motivate me to work on this.
srb20011.png

Uh, why is the sky texture plastered over the level boundary? You do know you're supposed to just use F_SKY1, right?

Uh, why is the sky texture plastered over the level boundary? You do know you're supposed to just use F_SKY1, right?

I just don't know how to make the walls look like a sky! I tried making the walls use REDWALL, but It just makes the walls flash red, and I AM using a MAINCFG. Can someone tell me how to fix that up?

I just don't know how to make the walls look like a sky! I tried making the walls use REDWALL, but It just makes the walls flash red, and I AM using a MAINCFG. Can someone tell me how to fix that up?

The walls that you want to have your sky projected on need a missing texture. So instead of putting the texture of the stary sky, put a - for the texture, and in the maincfg enter the number of the sky you want. So if you want the normal green flower sky, it would be:
SkyNum = 1

I just did that and this happened:
srb20069.png

For some reason, it was flashing red and black.
If it helps, this is my MainCFG:

level 01
levelname = Silent Forest
act = 0
musicslot = 01
weather = 0
typeoflevel = 4097
nextlevel = 2
subtitle = Something isn't right here.
nozone = 1
skynum = 6

Don't numbers still work though? I know they do in character wads for characterabilities.

Flashing black and red? Strange. You sure you gave them missing textures? Also, not sure if this effects anything, but I think the strings (are they called strings? They are in Diablo 2) should be capital letters, like SkyNum or TypeOfLevel. Not 100% sure though.

Do those things help to make the sky show correctly? Or maybe I can make a Skybox?
BTW, which i don't know how to make but i can try.

EDIT: Just tried what Puppyfaic and Sonic100000 told me. Nothing. Still flashing colors.

Last edited:
I fixed this in "Sonic Reforms A Seagull" by setting my thok barrier to ceiling 0 and floor 0. When I do what they told you to do, I get a Hall Of Mirrors.

I fixed this in "Sonic Reforms A Seagull" by setting my thok barrier to ceiling 0 and floor 0. When I do what they told you to do, I get a Hall Of Mirrors.

Well duh every thok barrier is supposed to have no distance between the floor and ceiling heights, that's what makes a thok barrier :p. But I was saying that the walls of the barrier need to have a missing texture, and the flats need f_sky01 (or is it f_sky1?)

"level 01" should read, "Level 1".

Also, not sure if this effects anything, but I think the strings (are they called strings? They are in Diablo 2) should be capital letters, like SkyNum or TypeOfLevel. Not 100% sure though.
Capitalization is irrelevant in SOCs and leading zeros are ignored, so no to both of you.

Don't numbers still work though? I know they do in character wads for characterabilities.
Numbers still work, but the numbers you're using don't, because they changed around for 2.1. Just use words and you'll be fine for all of eternity, no matter what changes in the future.

Figure I'd show off a few updates to my mod SRB2 the past here.

My answer to fixing back to back Zone versions, Part 1
srb20010.png

Art gallery now open
srb20009-2.png

Example of how it works:
srb20003-2.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back