SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6661
OneBlueyDude

The addbot command would be very nice on the new versions of the game. it was removed before, so why not add it again?
OneBlueyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6662
Tatsuru
2.3 will have menus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBlueyDude View Post
The addbot command would be very nice on the new versions of the game. it was removed before, so why not add it again?
It was never a command in the base game. It was featured in source mods like SRB2JTE and SRB2CB.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6663
time gear

While doing some testing around, I thought of combining the air strafe mod with the Jump Thrust that Cobalt put out in one of the Sonic Ability threads a while back, and found it to be an incredibly enjoyable combination. It got me thinking about how it could potentially be the best thok replacement concept yet, if given a little bit of refinement. My thoughts are as follows:

-Enable Air Strafing specifically as a Sonic only ability. It can be used regardless of if Sonic is Jump Thrusting or not, and can be combined with it to give Sonic an overall significant boost to control in the air. This should result in Sonic being much more easily capable of performing a U turn in the air, reversing his horizontal momentum in the process. This could act as a satisfying (Though very limited) recovery tool and platforming assist.

-Give the Jump Thrust state the property of allowing Sonic to break in midair, canceling his forward momentum the same way as he would if he were on the ground. If Sonic performs a midair break, he remains in his spin state and as such can still damage enemies/monitors if he lands on or collides with them. After performing a midair break, Sonic can still gain horizontal momentum and isn't locked into a straight down fall. This combined with Air Strafing should give Sonic a powerful sense of control in the air, allowing him to more easily maintain a flow state which hopefully would make him easier for new players while at the same time still feeling very satisfying for veterans.

-Increase the height Sonic gets from performing a Jump Thrust slightly so that it feels a little bit more like a proper double jump (but still not a full double jump) that can also be used to increase his speed. The added height would serve the purpose of not only allowing Sonic to reach slightly higher/further platforms, but could also be used to give Sonic more time to aim his jumps when the player is intending on jumping down onto something below such as an enemy or platform. This combined with the above two points (Air Strafing and Air Breaking) should hopefully make Sonic much more beginner friendly.

You might ask "Why make it so that air strafing is a Sonic only ability?", my reasoning is as follows: All of the other characters have a powerful air mobility option already. Tails can fly, Knuckles can glide and climb, Amy can hammer springs to gain additional height, etc. The Jump Thrust on it's own however wouldn't really be on par with these other abilities, especially if they were also capability boosted by air strafing. As such, Sonic being the only one that can air strafe gives him more of a horizontal advantage to make up for his vertical shortcomings. Essentially, Sonic players would be trading verticality for air control. The one exception to this I would make would be the Tails bot that can follow Sonic, so that he can more easily follow him.
time gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6664
GrayAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by time gear View Post
While doing some testing around, I thought of combining the air strafe mod with the Jump Thrust that Cobalt put out in one of the Sonic Ability threads a while back, and found it to be an incredibly enjoyable combination. It got me thinking about how it could potentially be the best thok replacement concept yet, if given a little bit of refinement. My thoughts are as follows:

-Enable Air Strafing specifically as a Sonic only ability. It can be used regardless of if Sonic is Jump Thrusting or not, and can be combined with it to give Sonic an overall significant boost to control in the air. This should result in Sonic being much more easily capable of performing a U turn in the air, reversing his horizontal momentum in the process. This could act as a satisfying (Though very limited) recovery tool and platforming assist.

-Give the Jump Thrust state the property of allowing Sonic to break in midair, canceling his forward momentum the same way as he would if he were on the ground. If Sonic performs a midair break, he remains in his spin state and as such can still damage enemies/monitors if he lands on or collides with them. After performing a midair break, Sonic can still gain horizontal momentum and isn't locked into a straight down fall. This combined with Air Strafing should give Sonic a powerful sense of control in the air, allowing him to more easily maintain a flow state which hopefully would make him easier for new players while at the same time still feeling very satisfying for veterans.

-Increase the height Sonic gets from performing a Jump Thrust slightly so that it feels a little bit more like a proper double jump (but still not a full double jump) that can also be used to increase his speed. The added height would serve the purpose of not only allowing Sonic to reach slightly higher/further platforms, but could also be used to give Sonic more time to aim his jumps when the player is intending on jumping down onto something below such as an enemy or platform. This combined with the above two points (Air Strafing and Air Breaking) should hopefully make Sonic much more beginner friendly.

You might ask "Why make it so that air strafing is a Sonic only ability?", my reasoning is as follows: All of the other characters have a powerful air mobility option already. Tails can fly, Knuckles can glide and climb, Amy can hammer springs to gain additional height, etc. The Jump Thrust on it's own however wouldn't really be on par with these other abilities, especially if they were also capability boosted by air strafing. As such, Sonic being the only one that can air strafe gives him more of a horizontal advantage to make up for his vertical shortcomings. Essentially, Sonic players would be trading verticality for air control. The one exception to this I would make would be the Tails bot that can follow Sonic, so that he can more easily follow him.
Amy's basically hard mode Sonic, so if Sonic's getting air strafing, I think she should too. Her ability to use her hammer on a spring to get extra height is very situational. She doesn't need to become more underpowered than she already is.
GrayAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6665
Giberish4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackeneister View Post
...Did you even read the rules of this website before saying that?
YES in fact, I DID. I just misunderstood what the rules said. I got an infraction, and Tatsura told me what the rule actually meant, so I won't be doing that again.
Giberish4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6666
Pyrakid Wolfo

I don't exactly understand how air strafing works yet, may need to play with and without the mod more.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Also, I agree with bubbles being easier to find and access, all the points made about slowing down or places without visible bubbles make sense.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Suggestion:

Let us use more colors for team modes. Just Blue and Red are boring, let us use slightly different hues of those colors.

Possible Blue Team Colors
Blue, Azure, Bluebell, Slate, Cobalt, Cyan, Wave, Teal, Cerulean, Icy, Sapphire, Dusk.

Possible Red Team Colors
Red, Rosy, Salmon, Crimson, Flame, Ketchup,

you can decide more or less colors than i chose if u plan on adding more colors to the team color thing.
Colors that look too much not like blue (like Cyan) may be a good decision to cut. But it is a blue so I included it anyway. (yes, i know cyan is greenish blue)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6667
Chris "Starlit Moons"
"Well what now?"

I just have something to say about OpenGL.
In srb2kart, you have the openGL version and you just have to go in it and flip it on.
This is my point.
Why cant It be this simple in vanilla srb2? I find the steps really troubling and I give up all the time. I know the new .exe might function different, but if it's possible, please make the full install/patcher give you this.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6668
Expert

it already does that in vanilla srb2 u just have to go to video options
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6669
GrayAngel

I know that Tails torture is a time honored tradition, but there's something I want to just put out there. Maybe it's time to give the poor fox a break, you know? If Sonic has a elemental shield or a bubble shield, maybe let the passive ability to breathe under water extend to him also so he isn't constantly drowning to death while Sonic just stands there completely apathetic to his need for air.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6670
CST1229

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayAngel View Post
I know that Tails torture is a time honored tradition, but there's something I want to just put out there. Maybe it's time to give the poor fox a break, you know? If Sonic has a elemental shield or a bubble shield, maybe let the passive ability to breathe under water extend to him also so he isn't constantly drowning to death while Sonic just stands there completely apathetic to his need for air.
On the flipside, make objectplace an option in Pandora's Box for all those Tails Abuse fans!
(mod not mine)
CST1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6671
Chris "Starlit Moons"
"Well what now?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert View Post
it already does that in vanilla srb2 u just have to go to video options
Yes, but I dont have ver 2.2.8 of the OpenGL version.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6672
SilverVortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris "Starlit Moons" View Post
Yes, but I dont have ver 2.2.8 of the OpenGL version.
there is no "OpenGL version", open gl comes packed in with 2.2.8 in the video options menu of settings, under "renderer".
SilverVortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6673
Pyrakid Wolfo

OpenGL has been an option since 2.2.0 wtf
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6674
time gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrakid Wolfo View Post
OpenGL has been an option since 2.2.0 wtf
It's been an option for ages, at least since the final demo. It's only the ability to switch renderer mid-session that is new.
time gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6675
CST1229

Quote:
Originally Posted by time gear View Post
It's only the ability to switch renderer mid-session that is new.
And THAT has been a thing since 2.2.1.
(mod not mine)
CST1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6676
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

a way to use animated textures as part of a compound texture where they can stay animated. Possibly a modified animation lump where we give the animated texture a new name?

Last edited by glaber; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:32 PM.
glaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #6677
FelipeTH
(Not) The Messiah

In my opinion, you know what could be possibly great?

Mission mode. Why?

Extra emblems, train your skills, etc...

(Or achievements, but they may be hard to code, and i think the emblems are already achievements.)

I mean, if we got Marathon Mode, why not Misson mode? It could probably be an great addition. Or maybe an Match update?
FelipeTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #6678
Dabir
Nitpicker

I'd like to see rolling on the ground disconnected from having spindash as an ability. Make rolling a skin flag that having spindash as your ability2 overrides.

Possible applications of this include:
- Gunslinger characters whose rolling is flavoured as a sliding kick
- Sonic 1 Sonic
- I dunno, could be loads of things
Dabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #6679
GrayAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabir View Post
I'd like to see rolling on the ground disconnected from having spindash as an ability. Make rolling a skin flag that having spindash as your ability2 overrides.

Possible applications of this include:
- Gunslinger characters whose rolling is flavoured as a sliding kick
- Sonic 1 Sonic
- I dunno, could be loads of things
You mean like in Sonic Adventure, where Tails and Knuckles could roll if you pressed the action button while in motion?
Old 1 Week Ago   #6680
Pinkio
or Clutsi

literally coming out of Nowhere, i'd like to suggest to implement an option which disallows some specific music to play... at least for Super Sneakers and Invincibility, because for some people sometimes it's cooler to hear the level's soundtrack instead of these ones

(i hope i wrote this clear and correctly)
1K Stars World Record (Highest Streak Ever, Literally)
Also this game was deleted from Google Play Store recently btw

still loving SRB2 since i can remember

Last edited by Pinkio; 1 Week Ago at 01:23 AM. Reason: changed "that one" to "these ones"
Pinkio is offline   Reply With Quote