SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing

Old 06-28-2020   #1
Jer the Hedgehog
Speedy Purple Hedgehog.

Default SRB2 Forces - to fix that one Sonic game.

Soooooooooooo, Sonic Forces was a flop, correct? What's that? You want Forces remade in SRB2's engine with improved levels? Your prayers have been answered. SRB2 Forces is a non-profit fan recreation of Sonic Forces in the SRB2 engine. I have assembled a team of a few people to help (I can't do this alone <=) ) We plan on using assets ONLY in SRB2, unless we absolutely HAVE to resort to texture packs.

Anyway, when this is coming out?

We don't know!

Just wait a while for it, and your prayers will be answered!
Old 06-28-2020   #2
Lach
nanananananananananananan a

Hey, do you have any screenshots of your progress so far? Editing threads are supposed to be for projects you have started.
Lach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020   #3
ffoxD

Yeah, it should be an easy (but time taking) task. The only hard thing to do are grinds, but I think that is also possible by tweaking the minecarts.
Old 06-28-2020   #4
Icarus
Warrior from Algol
Permanently Banned

I'm sorry but I don't think redoing Forces in SRB2's engine would solve anything about this game.

I don't say that your work is bad but the game should be remade from scratch with a new story and setting rather than trying to "fix" it (kinda like how fans want to "fix" Sonic 2006 even if the truth is that it's impossible)
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020   #5
rocklight124
You should train some more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
I'm sorry but I don't think redoing Forces in SRB2's engine would solve anything about this game.

I don't say that your work is bad but the game should be remade from scratch with a new story and setting rather than trying to "fix" it (kinda like how fans want to "fix" Sonic 2006 even if the truth is that it's impossible)
Dang bro that's brutal. Sonic Forces wasn't that bad...Yeah it was.
Old 06-28-2020   #6
Jonster
[Insert meme here]

If you're going to remake the game, I feel like the story should go under a pretty big rewrite. While it did have a cool concept, it was a complete shit-show. Characters were joking in the middle of a fucking WAR, unaware of the horrible situations, modern sonic existed, Tails was a useless little idiot who didn't even know that he was a mechanic, instead calling himself a scientest, etc. I also think that removing any levels from the classic games would benefit the game massively, not just because their bad nostalgia pandering, but also because it doesn't even make any fucking sense to have the stages, considering the fact that the story doesn't take place in neither South OR West island, and the Death-Egg is just super overused at this point (and yes, I am aware of the Phamtom Ruby's power, but it's never mentioned if it's the Ruby that caused these stages to come back). Also, i don't even need to say anything about the level design. Anywho, I hope this project succeds!
(Discord: Jonster The 1st#5263)
(Discord servers: https://discord.gg/frUyfyp | https://discord.gg/dVZS3YG)
(Twitter: @JonsterThe1st)
Jonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020   #7
Jer the Hedgehog
Speedy Purple Hedgehog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lach View Post
Hey, do you have any screenshots of your progress so far? Editing threads are supposed to be for projects you have started.
Actually, our team has started work on the project already. We have a VERY early screenshot of Lost Valley, from one of our mobile playing team members.

NOTE: While yes, it looks like just a straight line, it is VERY EARLY. And this is pretty dang similar to the SADX levels WAD from 2.0. The levels will be THEMED around the original level, but design is pretty different.

And yes, Modern Sonic is very well recommended. (With V5 on it's way, you could have some more fun)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5ef633329d3fc.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	33710  
Old 06-28-2020   #8
Jer the Hedgehog
Speedy Purple Hedgehog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
I also think that removing any levels from the classic games would benefit the game massively,
Well, if I'm trying to fix Forces, I guess I could do something. Thanks for the suggestion.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffoxD View Post
Yeah, it should be an easy (but time taking) task. The only hard thing to do are grinds, but I think that is also possible by tweaking the minecarts.
Yeah, I could do that.
Old 07-01-2020   #9
khamo
NOT a MB content creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArleNadjaGUY View Post
Soooooooooooo, Sonic Forces was a flop, correct? What's that? You want Forces remade in SRB2's engine with improved levels? Your prayers have been answered. SRB2 Forces is a non-profit fan recreation of Sonic Forces in the SRB2 engine. I have assembled a team of a few people to help (I can't do this alone <=) ) We plan on using assets ONLY in SRB2, unless we absolutely HAVE to resort to texture packs
Will this use ModernSonic? I mean, since it was a boost game and ModernSonic v5 will definitely be out in time to use this (mod update is much better than base forces sonic, rush mechanics, dynamic trick system, cool effects). I think it should be in the mod, a optional character or make the levels based around ModernSonic ONLY to play as.
khamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020   #10
Jer the Hedgehog
Speedy Purple Hedgehog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamo View Post
Will this use ModernSonic? I mean, since it was a boost game and ModernSonic v5 will definitely be out in time to use this (mod update is much better than base forces sonic, rush mechanics, dynamic trick system, cool effects). I think it should be in the mod, a optional character or make the levels based around ModernSonic ONLY to play as.
Like, yeah! Our team was thinking exactly that!
Old 07-02-2020   #11
Icarus
Warrior from Algol
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklight124 View Post
Dang bro that's brutal. Sonic Forces wasn't that bad...Yeah it was.
Brutally honest, isn't it?

I mean this game was a massive disappointment and honestly even a Sonic Generations mod couldn't save it...
Old 07-15-2020   #12
Jer the Hedgehog
Speedy Purple Hedgehog.

We will feature Lost Valley in the OLDC!
Old 07-15-2020   #13
Icarus
Warrior from Algol
Permanently Banned

I've replayed Forces yesterday out of boredom and I can confirm that the major problem of the game is much deeper than we think.

I would try Lost Valley in SRB2 (it will surely be more fun but because SRB2 itself is a good game) but a whole mod won't "fix" the game...
Old 07-15-2020   #14
ffoxD

As first zone in the game I would put Egg Reverie from Sonic Mania (true final boss), then a cutscene where the Phantom Ruby gets the 7 chaos emeralds and transports Classic to the modern dimension. That would make the player actually care about Classic Sonic... and then the player would be redirected to Lost Valley, the failure of Tails and then Classic again
Old 07-17-2020   #15
MechaOverlord

Man this sounds cool as hell
I support the development of this project
Old 07-17-2020   #16
Icarus
Warrior from Algol
Permanently Banned

I've been redoing Forces and the only thing I am currently asking is to not put as many 2D sections as in the original.

Honestly the whole "2D-ness" of Forces got annoyingly present and overshadowed by Mania quality-wise.

Seeing Sunset Heights in SRB2 would be cool to see.
Old 07-20-2020   #17
Jer the Hedgehog
Speedy Purple Hedgehog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
Seeing Sunset Heights in SRB2 would be cool to see.
Yeah, that level was EPIC.
Old 1 Week Ago   #18
FoxDude
lazy person

Mortar Canyon best forces stage

change my mind
Old 5 Days Ago   #19
SIG7
SIG7Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer the Hedgehog View Post
Soooooooooooo, Sonic Forces was a flop, correct? What's that? You want Forces remade in SRB2's engine with improved levels? Your prayers have been answered. SRB2 Forces is a non-profit fan recreation of Sonic Forces in the SRB2 engine. I have assembled a team of a few people to help (I can't do this alone <=) ) We plan on using assets ONLY in SRB2, unless we absolutely HAVE to resort to texture packs.

Anyway, when this is coming out?

We don't know!

Just wait a while for it, and your prayers will be answered!
I find Sonic Forces the best game in the series and why is there a pencil in my mouth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lach View Post
He has, about 2% is done, he has posted it on GB
i need memebers to keep these alive https://discord.gg/uwZRkas https://discord.gg/enAhkBp
SIG7 is offline   Reply With Quote