What is the hardest first boss you've fought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarbo the Black Sheep

Furry Composer
If the farthest point I got in R-Types was a boss, then that would be it. I never got past it (or lasted for more than 5 seconds). I'd be more apt to play it if it didn't push you backwards in the level every time you died, considering its difficulty.

What I consider the hardest first boss I've ever beaten was Nazrin, who uses one of the most bizarre weapons: a severed weather vane. I honestly feel she is harder to defeat than some other games' final bosses.

So what would be the hardest first boss you ever played?

The Tank from Timesplitters: Future Perfect. The first time that I played the level, I didn't realize that you had to use the dynamite on it, so I tried conventional weapons for several minutes. I died a lot.

Let's all get Sonic 2 for the Game Gear out of the way. I will castrate anyone who mentions it from this point on.

Devil May Cry's first boss, although I hear that other people didn't find him to hard, that lava spider... Thing, succeeded in tearing me apart time and time again.

Mushroom Hill Act 2 Boss as Knuckles. How many of you didnt get hit by the spikey balls before hitting that Metal Eggman thing? (that happened to me the first time I played SK)

Last edited:
That tank in Jak 2 if it counts. If not, embarassingly enough, I've always had trouble with Queen Gohma in OoT, or rather those Mini Gohmas she spawns it you don't smash the eggs fast enough. Those buggers killed me more than the Hydra in Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles. If only I'd known you could one shot it with a deku stick.

In LoZ Wind Waker, you fight a lava centipede by throwing your rope at the dragon's tail and then at the centipede's eye. The boss doesn't give you much time to aim where you want to except when doing certain attacks that rarely happen. If you've played me in SRB2 netgames, you know I don't have the best aim, so I have had difficulty with this boss in the past.

~Snip~

First boss?

I'd say Sonic 2 SMS.

(Didn't Say Game gear.)

Last edited:
Spectrobes Origins has both on my list: The hardest boss I've seen, and the hardest boss I've played.(First boss, I guess you can say)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98X0vclB0wo&feature=related <- First boss in Spectrobes. Annoying, because the two spectrobes you can use at that point are slow hitting. And you'll die in 5 hits, no joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGU20-hcWDQ <- One of the last bosses in the game, this one is just pathetically cruel. Only people with luck can beat him, and sadly the final boss is 10 times easier.

You aren't going to believe on this but it is: Black Eggman from SRB2.

That was my hardest boss honestly.

How can a final boss be the hardest first boss in a game?
Because our forums are illiterate and aren't capable of reading topic subjects.

I don't think I could ever come up with something worse than the first boss of Sonic 2 GG. The awful perspective in Sonic Rush's first boss made me die a lot, though.

Probably the Medusa from Ecco II... however, Ecco didn't really have actual bosses except for a select few, but it did have some major threats that served a similar function, Ecco II had the Tubes of Medusa, the Moray Abyss, the Globe Holder, the Vortex Queen, and City of Forever. That first one probably had me stuck for months.

As for Touhou, I don't remember Nazrin, but I do remember having a really hard time with Yamame in the SA demo. However, I do rather poorly across the board where post-MoF games are concerned.

If this counts; Brock was a real pain in Pokemon:Yellow (I consider him to be the first "boss" anyways).

Otherwise I have nothing, besides Darkside in KH1, and he wasn't that hard..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back