Nintendo DSI help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn´t there like an option to the right of the main screen of the DSi that says ¨Browser¨ or something? My cousin has a DSi, I don´t, but I remember him using the neighbor´s Wifi to browse the Interwebz.

I'm on line but how you play with people?

Are you serious with this? It´d be nice to have at least slightest idea about if you have even modified your wifi yet, are you playing a card or explorer, what game are you playing, do you even HAVE wifi, that´d make easier for us to help you.

I use the internet and come on this site. What is wifi? Whats a card?

Wifi is something that allows you to connect to the interwebz without having to connect with a wire.

A card, is a DS Card, nothing more, nothing less.

Alright, since I don't know if he has Wi-Fi or not, I'm just going to say this. >_>

First... do these steps...

Boot up your DSi, and then check the System Settings, once your in there, go to Page 3 and tap Internet, then tap Connection Settings.

From there, select Connection 1 (Or whatever Connection # you want.), then select Search for a Access Point. Your DSi will then look for any Wi-Fi Points, if any are found, you should see these Locks.

Yellow Unlocked -> Normal, allows both DS Games/DSi Stuff to go online.
---
Yellow Locked -> Password needed, mostly a WEP, once you figure out the password, allows both DS Games/DSi Stuff to go online.

If any Gray Unlocked or Gray Locked icons show up for the connection, then you need to go to Advanced Settings and setup a connection with it.

(CAUTION: Advance Settings only works with DSi stuff, such stuff is the DSi Shop, the Browser, etc. DS games will fail to go online with a Advanced Connection. Gray locks need a WPA Key to allow access.)

If by any chance nothing shows up, or you just can't connect, then... well, I don't know what to tell you.

As for my Wi-Fi, I have a Wireless Router, and I had to config it to allow WEP keys so I can connect with my DS/DSi stuff., I used to use a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector so I can connect, but since I have a Wireless Router... yea. (It was my sister's Wireless Router, but I had to hack into it to change the keys from WPA to a WEP, she found out about it during a later time, but then asked me to just give her the current WEP key so she can connect with her laptop.)

Last edited:
Ok, if you haven't read the DSi manual and figured it out from there, contact Nintendo's Tech Support. We're not them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back