how do you make your mod color changeable?

Almulescent

so i was wondering..
how do you make your mod characters color changeable (multiplayer color select)

yea, this has no detail at all...

In order for a character to change color, the sprites require to be colored green for the game to pick up what pixels are actually changing color. If you have the SRB2 2.2 Palette with you (which I hope you do, if not, head to the wiki to grab an image of it), you should use these greens for the game to pick up.
y210Pf1.png

If you need an example, here's what the original Sonic sprite looks like.
8eQ0JDz.png
Hope this helps a bit.

In order for a character to change color, the sprites require to be colored green for the game to pick up what pixels are actually changing color. If you have the SRB2 2.2 Palette with you (which I hope you do, if not, head to the wiki to grab an image of it), you should use these greens for the game to pick up.
y210Pf1.png

If you need an example, here's what the original Sonic sprite looks like.
8eQ0JDz.png
Hope this helps a bit.
Additionally, you can use the "startcolor" skin parameter to have any palette index as the start of the modifyable colors (you can't specify anything else about the order. that's the start, next 15 colors are also used for the colors. brightest to darkest.), so you can have green eyes on Sonic for instance without it changing.

Additionally, you can use the "startcolor" skin parameter to have any palette index as the start of the modifyable colors (you can't specify anything else about the order. that's the start, next 15 colors are also used for the colors. brightest to darkest.), so you can have green eyes on Sonic for instance without it changing.

However, note that Knuckles is also green. This is because there's 8 greens set aside for non-swapout usage.

This is how you can use green without issues.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back