Suggestions

Okay, if this has already been suggested, bear with me.

For 2.0.5, hopefully, SRB2 should at least have the option of saving every logfile. This would be important for a certain project of mine that would require every logfile to be saved.

The way I'd like to see it is either automatically enabled in the -dedicated parameter, a console variable, or as its own command line parameter, something like -keeplogs.

Thanks, I could really use this feature.

This has probably already been suggested, but saving at every act would be nice, so if you're on act 3 and the game gets an error and quits on you, you don't have to start at act one again.

This has probably already been suggested, but saving at every act would be nice, so if you're on act 3 and the game gets an error and quits on you, you don't have to start at act one again.

People have been ranting about this new system since the release of ME/2.0 and it's not going to happen anymore. The old save system was a big spoilment and that's why it's changed.

A polling system that an admin/server can use to gather votes on predetermined or custom choices, predetermined would include game modes, zones, etc., while custom choices would be able to be created in console.
Ex. Createpoll -a Tag -b H&S -c CTF
Players vote via console, the result is csay'd to the players.

A Linedef Executor that, when activated, ends the level as if you had just entered an exit sector. Nonfunctional in any mode other than SP and Coop.

A Linedef Executor that, when activated, ends the level as if you had just entered an exit sector. Nonfunctional in any mode other than SP and Coop.

Ultrafast movement of an invisible and intangible FOF with an exit sector, anyone?

Ultrafast movement of an invisible and intangible FOF with an exit sector, anyone?

Seems more trouble than it's worth, there could be dozens of ways that one could accidentally avoid something like that, without having to apply the effect to EVERY new and old linedef.

Music volume by linedef, multiplies player's volume setting (length = 50 -> music at 50% of player's chosen value), with a max length of 100. Possibly a SOC action with the same effect, as well.

I can see it used to add a little creepiness to an otherwise happy level... step somewhere, and the music suddenly goes muted, colors wash out a bit (via colormap), and you see something move just off the edge of the screen...

Perhaps different zones could feature different colors of crawlas with slightly varying stats. It would at least make the new levels seem a bit more consistent with the old ones.

Rainbow crawlas!! :D

Anyways, I think the item boxes should be used more. Force shield and the red shield isn't used much IIRC.
Secret exits or different exits

Depending on which exit you used, you should start somewhere else in the level.

Linedef Executor - CTF _____ Team w/Flag (Or wo/flag)

A linedef that is triggered when a player enters it with the opposing team's flag in CTF, or they do not. Would be useful tool for map building, like no-flag-carrier teleports.

Linedef Executor - Player is Super/No Longer Super

Activates when a player is super. This is more for things like stage-specific super music and the like, with No Longer Super there to change back anything.

Linedef Executor - X Time Left/X Points Left

A linedef executor that is triggered when a certain amount if time is left (One minute till the end of the round for example) or when BOTH CTF teams are one or X amount of point(s) away from winning. These would be able to change the stage or make things occur near the end of netgames to make things more exciting, like opening/sealing off rooms, or changing the visuals and music to suit the mood.

Linedef Executor - X Laps Left

Same as above, but applied to the first player to reach X laps away from the end of the race.

I say X Y left because some players like to change their amount of time/points/laps in a game, and having out go from what's LEFT is better, since it adjusts to the host's changes.

Last edited:
We already have the Grenade Rings in the game which works exactly how you explained your suggestion except without the knockback like the Bomb Rings.
Grenade rings have insanely poor range, travel in a small but very steep upward arc before landing on the ground, require almost no aiming, and last about 5-10 seconds on the ground before exploding.
Bomb rings travel a little slower than a red ring (I think), go straight, have a large blast area so it requires much less aim, huge knockback and it only explodes on contact (which can take quite a while in a large map)

One of the main problems is that the bomb ring is it's easy to abuse as compared to the grenade(/mine) ring. It needs some sort of debuff like a small-medium downward arc.

Last edited:
Grenade rings have insanely poor range, travel in a small but very steep upward arc before landing on the ground, require almost no aiming, and last about 5-10 seconds on the ground before exploding.
Bomb rings travel a little slower than a red ring (I think), go straight, have a large blast area so it requires much less aim, huge knockback and it only explodes on contact (which can take quite a while in a large map)

One of the main problems is that the bomb ring is it's easy to abuse as compared to the grenade(/mine) ring. It needs some sort of debuff like a small-medium downward arc.

Grenades are actually very useful with their range when you are being chased and you have to hold down the shoot button to make them go a bit farther. The grenade rings also explode on contact. I do agree that the bomb ring needs some sort of debuff, look at the firing rate combine with the speed that it is thrown, even though it has a rate a bit slower than the normal red it goes pretty fast. Adding a small arc on the bomb would fall under improving grenade rings which would make a even more abusable weapon than what the bombs may seem now. Again, the grenade rings have great usefulness as it is when someone tries to chase you more than when you are trying to sneak a grenade from a out of reach or hidden place and that is what makes them one the best weapons we have.

Actually, making an arc wouldn't nerf Explosion at all. The reason Explosion is currently overpowered is the high fire rate combined with the powerful area of effect with no real drawback. In fact, making it arc would probably make it even BETTER for some situations, letting you attack people who are out of your line of sight. It wouldn't do a thing to make Explosion worse for the thing it's best at: point-blank shots at the ground.

I'm new here, but I've got some skills with Doom myself. I'm not sure what Doom engine you're using, but I can tell that in Z/GZdoom (Doom in Hexen) you have a linedef 181 to slope floors and ceilings to the nearest sector. Can be useful for creating loops. You have support for floor shadows, dynamic lights etc etc. Sorry if this is unneeded info, but what can I do as a new person? :D Cool game btw.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back