How long have you been on Srb2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well right now for me it's been a year already, maybe a year and a half. Look how much progress I made in that time. I joined like in the middle of srb2 v2.0.6.

I had originally found SRB2 way back when I was 10 during the summer of 2009 during 1.09.4. I reunited with SRB2 in October 2010 when I was 12 during 2.0.6. Then I had joined the Message Board near the VERY END of 2010.

I was actually surprised when I had finished Castle Eggman Zone, I was thrown into Arid Canyon Zone because originally, I had thought CEZ was the final zone. I was also surprised when Knuckles had new sprites instead of the ugly looking ones.

Last edited:
When I started playing in 2007 (I was 7 years old) I taught THZ2 is impossible. And there must be an emblem behind the crushers and lasers. But then played half year more until got all the secrets except Easter egg bonus. I bored and played a lot of "Track Mania Nations Forever" and Happyland adventures Xmas edition.
I came back 2010 (11 years old) and saw TMM´s records in youtube. I taugh: I´ll never make official time-attack records. But now I have plenty of records there. Unbelievable I didn´t beat ERZ3 before 2011. Now (13 old) it´s easy to beat with ultimate mode. =D

Last edited:
I found out about SRB2 around 2008 during my last year in middle school and I've played it ever since. Maybe a lot less than I used to, but I still come back from time to time.

Well I've been around Sonic Robo blast 2 for a good 3 years now, Its been quite fun and interesting I do say so myself.

But of course I still play the game, if some of my friends on Skype wanted to setup a few coop or match's and what not. Other then that I hardly ever just turn this on for shit and giggles.

First time I ever played SRB2? It was back in, 2007-6. I first saw the 1.09.3 version randomly, when searching for "sonic 3d". I really wanted a free-roaming game like SRB2, so, there, I found it.

And it's just how I wanted it, not too heavy, not too light (OpenGL, even though it's unfinished...).

I found it myself and kept playing it myself. I firstly used keyboard, but later got into mouse too. ... And, of course, tried to combine keys together.

Long ago in a distant land, I, Whackjood, pretentious master of unreliable judging, first played SRB2 back in the very early 2000's when the last level was THZ1.

Then I forgot all about the game for several years, re-discovered it again when 1.09.4 was the new hotness in 2006 and joined the community.

In 2009 I use to look through the forums for mods, level packs and socs all the time also my first srb2 was version 2.0.4.
Then in December 2012 (I think) I joined the MB because I seriously needed to learn how to map properly.

I've been on SRB2 for more or less 1-2 Years. Only at the end of last year that I figured out how to use wads. (Something had said that you use cmd to input wads in the game)

You didn't know how to add wads? It's as simple as typing "addfile filename" in the console in-game.

Back when I first started playing in 2009, I thought .wad files were already in the game. So I kept on trying to add Silver without the actual .wad file.

You didn't know how to add wads? It's as simple as typing "addfile filename" in the console in-game.
Or running the BAT file that comes with them. :P Or even drag-and-drop on the EXE.
I guess I had the benefit of being born too early cos I knew how to use PWADs cos of Doom.

Started playing 5 years ago when I was 11 and have been off and on over the years. I feel young compared to everyone else.

I first played SRB2 around late 1.09.4. Maybe 2008? I heard of the game as early as 2006 though. I decided to get back into SRB2 right around the release of 2.0(2009) coincidentally.

I've been around since 2002 (about Demo 4.35). I made an account here extremely late 2007. Got into modding in general soon after I joined the forums.

I've been on SRB2 since around mid-2006. So, probably about 7 years. My first version I remember, was 1.09.2, and I played it for a while and ignored multiplayer for a little while. Then at the time, I was busy with schoolwork, so I couldn't play much SRB2, and forgot about it until August, where I couldn't find any games online. So I wondered if I needed to update. Lo and behold, there was a new version, 1.09.4, out and ready to go. So I got on 1.09.4 and mained multiplayer ever since then. I considered myself ready when I could feasibly pop crawlas without a problem. Oh, and, I Game Overed in Green Flower Zone 1. :(

I don't know too many who started in 1.09.2, but I remember someone in this topic got to arrive on the oddball 1.09.3 mass updates.

To think I thought it was called Soviet Russia Blast, and thought Sonic was a makeshift Russian version of Sonic. :B

Or running the BAT file that comes with them. :P Or even drag-and-drop on the EXE.
I guess I had the benefit of being born too early cos I knew how to use PWADs cos of Doom.

I would have just searched for ways of adding extra files anyway, or if necessary, change the actual default wad anyway. I'm pretty explorative.

Last edited:
I remember first downloading SRB2 when I was almost 10...

So just under 8 years now! Oh, wow... SRB2 actually qualifies for nostalgia status now, it's quite surprising...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back