Help with a SOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim the Fox!!!

What am I doing here?
Well, hello guys, I need help in something.
I am developing a soc with a friend, and that soc features a machine with the Ideya Capture sprites, that when hit (like when hitting a boss) executes A_BossScream, triggers a linedef action and then disappears. The problem is that the action doesn't work. Only the sprites appear. I hope you guys can help me... Thanx!

FRAME 1792
SPRITENUMBER = 192
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 0
DURATION = -1
NEXT = 1792
ACTION None

FRAME 1794
SPRITENUMBER = 192
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 0
DURATION = 10
NEXT = 1795
ACTION A_BossScream

FRAME 1795
SPRITENUMBER = 192
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 0
DURATION = 10
NEXT = 1794
ACTION A_BossScream

FRAME 1793
SPRITENUMBER = 192
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 0
DURATION = 10
NEXT = 1794
ACTION A_Fall

Thing 1
MAPTHINGNUM = 100
SPAWNSTATE = 1792
SPAWNHEALTH = 1
SEESTATE = 1792
SEESOUND = 0
REACTIONTIME = 1
ATTACKSOUND = 0
PAINSTATE = 1793
PAINCHANCE = 170
PAINSOUND = 46
MELEESTATE = 1792
MISSILESTATE = 0
DEATHSTATE = 1793
DEATHSOUND = 46
XDEATHSTATE = 1793
SPEED = 0
RADIUS = 666666666
HEIGHT = 6666666
MASS = 100
DAMAGE = 2
ACTIVESOUND = 0
RAISESTATE = 1793
FLAGS = 17029

This comes a bit late but eh, whatever.

Your spawn state (1792) is looping on itself, that is, its next state is state 1792. And since it has no action, it does exactly what you described: nothing.

EDIT: Actually, the duration of state 1792 is also keeping it in a loop. -1 means that it will never change to a different state, so change it to some positive value.

Don't forget to adjust the "next state value" in the other states as well. As they are now, they don't make much sense based on what you're trying to do.

Last edited:
This comes a bit late but eh, whatever.

Ah, late would be an apt description; he already got some help over IRC, and since he hasn't asked about it since I assume he got it working.

...also, something to note about your description is that the object is only supposed to do something when hit and presumably killed; the deathstate(as well as the painstate and xdeathstate, just for good measure) is 1973, which does indeed do something and lead to other states. The issue with it probably had more to do with how he's set the radius of the object to be over 10,000 fracunits, and the height over 100.

It's all really moot at this point, though.

Thanks guys ^^
It's still nitpicky, but what you said maybe will help. I'm gonna try it right away :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back