Two VERY irritating bugs with controllers

The first issue is with every controller that have analog triggers, the right trigger (for instance, RT for Xbox 360/One and R2 for PS3/PS4) will always remain active, meaning that if strafing is assigned to the triggers (rudders) the player wil remain in a constant strafing state.

The second one is with the Nintendo Switch (wired) Pro Controller, internally referred to as Core (Plus) Wired Controller by Windows, which cannot be selected in SRB2, as it seems to think it's already in use by another player, with no way to select it.

Attachments

• srb20005.jpg
    srb20005.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 268
  • srb20000.gif
    srb20000.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 404
The first issue is with every controller that have analog triggers, the right trigger (for instance, RT for Xbox 360/One and R2 for PS3/PS4) will always remain active, meaning that if strafing is assigned to [a trigger] (rudders) the player wil remain in a constant strafing state. [...]
This applies to both triggers, not just the right one.

The issue is that SRB2 v2.2.0 reads/handles the triggers as though that they range from -100% (when released) to 100% (when fully pressed), instead of from 0% to 100%, so when bound to player or camera movement, releasing the triggers makes you go one way while pressing them makes you go another, instead of released being "idle".

But, I'm not sure how fixable that is for DirectInput gamepads/joysticks.
(With X-Input gamepads, it's always known exactly what axis is what, so you can do a special case to re-map the ranges to go from 0% to 100% there.
For DirectInput, though, I don't know if there's a way to tell if an axis is meant to start disabled and go one way (like triggers), or start halfway through and go both ways (like centred-by-default sticks), so I don't know if a similar approach can be taken without hardcoded support for every individual DirectInput gamepad type.)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back