Suggestions

Create more sectors that can move horizontally or improve the polyobject to have a visible top and bottom.

Considering how stupid it looks I'm pretty sure that they're working on that :P

I am of that opinion too, but the devs are trying to restrict overpowered characters as much as possible to prevent things like SMS/HMS to happen again. But since both of them were only really overpowered through the use of a custom executable, I think that won't work.
Well the devs apparently have zero tolerance at this point. I can understand that, but it'd be nice if they had some leniance to those who want to make a character that's unique (which is a big complaint about a lot of characters IIRC) and not overpowered (yes they exist).

Also, SMS was, unfortunately, not bound to an EXE... :(
AFAIK, Cinefast was trying to implement that. But you could say that about a ton of things, so don't expect actual progress ;)
I believe I'm the one who suggested that to him in PM, although he prolly had the idea before I gave it to him, lul.

Anyway, something that I think would be pretty nice. The current match system is pretty nice now, but I honestly think it would be a lot cooler with bringing back slingitem. Think of it, match is all about shooting your opponent until (s)he's down, right? well, if you bring back slingitem, then we can have some characters that have cool weapons to throw in match. Like Senku said in the ringslinger thread, cool weapons like a boomerang would be pretty sick.

Along with that, maybe a sprite for the item being flung on the Match System's HUD. with that, a custom weapon can have a good image of it on the screen, so if you're throwing, let's say, an arrow, the image is an arrow, not a red ring.

Lastly, a super ring. What I mean by this is, if you're super, you can throw a different custom weapon that's more powerful than the weapon you threw.

Create more sectors that can move horizontally or improve the polyobject to have a visible top and bottom.
There actually is code already in existence which renders the floor and ceiling of PolyObjects. But there is so much visual leakage that they have disabled it until they can shore it up.

MF_Motion

A flag that has the rate animations play (moving from one state to another) speed up as the object speeds up, the same way a character does. This could be cool for making a custom boss, like a Sonic VS Shadow moment or something, where when "shadow" spins, his spinning rate is higher because he's moving faster, but as he slows down the rate of his spinning animation also slows down. This would also apply to him running, like when a character runs.

Also, like characters, when he's standing in place the rate of his state-changing is untouched.

A Character pallet converter.

It would be a EXE/Batch/Whatever that changes a Character wad's pallet to the 2.0 Pallet.Good? Bad?

XWE already does this. Load character using 1.09's pallete, extract all frames. Load up 2.0's pallete, import all frames. It's how I've converted characters forward and backward.

Not that this is ever gonna happen but, cant the textures have a higher resolution, more detail? (on sprites too).

Also (and I know this one is never going to change but,) Why do I feel like I'm playing an old 8-bit game in the 21st century? Add more (ALOT) more colors to the pallet. I was in SRB2DB and I added a Brick wall texture and the texture in SRB2DB didn't even look remotely like the original TEXTURE. It was pink, light pink and white The bricks I added were Darkish red and had lots of detail (even for a 128X128).

This is something I planned for SRB2UMF (so don't expect it anytime soon).

The problem is that people are hooked on the software renderer, and hicolour/truecolour graphics would make it run horribly slow. In HWRENDER it's possible with virtually no performance impact and not a huge lot of work either, simply a few modifications to hw_cache.c and w_wad.c to deal with PNGs rather than raw palettised images. Therefor you won't see it in trunk, ever.

There's gotta be a new legacy engine or and upgrade patch out there somewhere...

There is, and Legacy 2.0 would actually be a brilliant thing, because it brings DECORATE and ACS and BEX and more to the engine, as well as (*shock* my personal favourite) a brand new OpenGL renderer which is fully equivalent to software mode, even having the SW mode 'viewpoint lighting' IIRC. The problem isn't that it'd be difficult to port, but the fact that Legacy 2.0 is C++ and most of the development team hate C++. It's not too far from Legacy 1.0 so there could be some backports, though, just not officially by the dev team.

A Character pallet converter.

It would be a EXE/Batch/Whatever that changes a Character wad's pallet to the 2.0 Pallet.Good? Bad?

That's a very reasonable request and I'm sure someone would be willing to write up such a program.

There actually is code already in existence which renders the floor and ceiling of PolyObjects. But there is so much visual leakage that they have disabled it until they can shore it up.
so how would it look if it was turned on? *has no clue how bad it is.*

The problem is that people are hooked on the software renderer, and hicolour/truecolour graphics would make it run horribly slow.
Wrong. The problem is that people like this 16-bit art style and don't want truecolor graphics. I personally have no problems with OpenGL as long as it looks like Software.

Yeah but,

Wrong. The problem is that people like this 16-bit art style and don't want truecolor graphics. I personally have no problems with OpenGL as long as it looks like Software.

I think It would not look good with photo-realistic textures either. The sprites would look crappy infront of a realistic background. A bright blue sonic in a realistic world. And with out any true ramps the game would still look square (if you know what I mean) If the sprites are improved then it would look a bit better. The 16-bit colors give SRB2 that old style feel. Although it would be nice if someone (like me) wanted to add a photo-realistic texture to their map, they could.

The 16-bit textures still could use a higher resolution. With just Doubling the texture dimensions of the textures you could have 4 times the detail.

Colors: Also adding just 256 more colors (more shades of green, blue, red, etc.) There could be better gradients. The textures wouldn't look too real and would still have that old-style gaming feel, but it also would look better and more polished as a game.

(And when I add my DARK RED BRICK TEXTURE it will be dark red NOT PINK)

(I think the SKY textures could really use high resolution)

Crappy yet simple idea I got after reading the "Super Form topic"

About the Ultimate reward, why not add a little symbol next to the person's forum name? Like a red U on a gold star? Simple, not really anything special, but still a neat reward.

About the Ultimate reward, why not add a little symbol next to the person's forum name? Like a red U on a gold star? Simple, not really anything special, but still a neat reward.
I also thought about this. But then you would have to record that you beat it. Since many people could just download save files or cheat through it. It might be a bit of a hassle.

Is it possible that SRB2 could store profiles? Win/loss/quit rate? Kills/Deaths ratios? I think Cue tried to make profiles with SRB2 Live. But I'm pretty sure he quit that project a long time ago.

I also thought about this. But then you would have to record that you beat it. Since many people could just download save files or cheat through it. It might be a bit of a hassle.

Is it possible that SRB2 could store profiles? Win/loss/quit rate? Kills/Deaths ratios? I think Cue tried to make profiles with SRB2 Live. But I'm pretty sure he quit that project a long time ago.

Maybe you could require them to do some sort of live stream along with recording it?

I thought this would be pretty cool, actually...

I reacently read the thread SMS made complaining about how character abilities suck now (wow, I love how everyone assumes he's wining he can't port SMS to 2.0 :|), and I noticed Mystic said that he doesn't want anyone messing with the weapons system at ALL, which is why Slingitem was taken out.

Well, that game me a coolio idea.

How about either one of two things...

Idea 1) A super-rare weapon that appears maybe once in a blue moon on a match map. That item would be a very powerful red ring. Now, to prevent the whole "overpowered >:|" thing, I thought it would be cool to have the weapon only spawn in a designated location (which can be randomized, so people don't camp there >_>) and appears less often than the Chaos Emeralds. This weapon would, by default, be a powerful red ring. However, slingitem could effect it by having it be something else. That way, people can have their powerful weapons, but not right when they play on the map, and it'll be a big challange to get it! :D (Along with that, add a power calculator or something to detect the slingitem's variables to calculate how much ammo is given. For instaince, if it's an explosion ring, maybe only 5 ammo. If it's an armageddon shield explosion or anything, one ammo (gotta use that wisely))

Idea 2) Super weapons. I may have suggested this before, but maybe have it so a superform can have a specialized weapon, and maybe have a power calculator to go with that as well. So like, if it's a bomb ring for a weapon, it chops off 10 of your rings at each use. If it's an armageddon shield weapon, byebye superform and emeralds.

About the suggestions submissions: Is this topic actively being pruned by mods?

A character ability option to have thokking only redirect horizontal momentum. IIRC, this was brought up previously, but in reference to Sonic. I'd like it as its own unique ability choice.

1) Delete this thing so when you are f12ing and move camera again back to your character.
2) Do a colored text thing like in SRB2CB for 1.09.X (pressing tab while talking and select color)
3) More Enemys and Bosses ^^

2) Do a colored text thing like in SRB2CB for 1.09.X (pressing tab while talking and select color)

*headdesk*

Colors were removed from vanilla SRB2 for a reason, you know.

Oh, and one of my pet peeves is seeing someone else (in this case, Kalaron) get attributed for something I did in my mod, that he took and used for his. >.<

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back