Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite track so far is Drowned Downtown Act 1, though it still misses something IMO... When I try to imagine me playing with this on, I can only imagine a city stage- because the song has no parts relating to "aquatic" or "drowned". If you could add something like, water drip sounds, or passages between "rythims" or whatever you call them with a splash or dive sound or something, it'll fit the level theme more. Don't you agree? =<

I think there actually is a bit of "drowned" character in it. Listen again--the end in particular has this quality. Of course, it might be appropriate for the Act 2 remix to use this effect more liberally, because (to generalize somewhat) Act 1 consists of flooded streets, and Act 2 consists of submerged warehouses.

When I try to imagine me playing with this on, I can only imagine a city stage- because the song has no parts relating to "aquatic" or "drowned". If you could add something like, water drip sounds, or passages between "rythims" or whatever you call them with a splash or dive sound or something, it'll fit the level theme more. Don't you agree? =<

Well that IS only your imagination... I can easily picture the water part of it, as can everyone else I showed it too. I could add water droplets in there, I was thinking about it, and I may at some point.

I think there actually is a bit of "drowned" character in it. Listen again--the end in particular has this quality. Of course, it might be appropriate for the Act 2 remix to use this effect more liberally, because (to generalize somewhat) Act 1 consists of flooded streets, and Act 2 consists of submerged warehouses.

That's a good way to put it, I'll try to work with that when I make Act 2.

I started Snowcap Nimbus finally, and it's coming along great! The first act is gonna be more of a fast paced electronic theme, kind of like Icecap, like you suggested, while the second act is going to be a slower, more ethereal remix of it, with acoustic guitar and some flutes and violin in there. Technically, Act 1 will be a remix of Act 2, simply because I will find it easier to make an electronic version of Act 2 than I will find it to make an ethereal version of an electronic song.

Glad to hear it; that sounds pretty cool! Though I can't say at this point which act I want to sound ethereal and which I want to sound electronic, so in the end I might decide to switch around the Act 1/Act 2 tunes. It probably won't matter, though; I am excited about both.

You know guys, there's no point in comments like "it doesn't sound classic." or "it doesn't fit SRB2", he probably didn't make music tracks back when SRB2 was first created, so he doesn't have the same start point at creating them. I see no problem in being a little modern with songs. You can't stay in the past, you need to move on... Those songs are awsome IMO, anyway.
If you don't like them, make some on your own.

So, I finally got around to playing this, and I just got past the third zone. Liking it alot so far. Can't wait to see future progress in this mod. =)

I think it's time to give a little update on the progress of Tortured Planet itself.

The levels have been tremendously polished, with practically all the remaining glitches sorted out (including most node errors). A few levels have had significant changes (notably ECZ2, GCZ1, LGZ1, and LGZ2), and every other level has had at least minor to moderate improvements besides, including the Match and Deja Vu levels. The Emerald Platform in SWZ1 has been changed so that it can't be found at all unless you have the emeralds, but that if you do have them it is easier to see it. Without going into any more detail, I will also say that a new secret has been added.

In addition, I have set out with the intention of giving Tortured Planet the best texture alignment of any level or level pack in SRB2 history. This shouldn't actually be too difficult, because as a general rule texture alignment in most existing SRB2 levels is a total joke.

Just remember that pressing A on each wall doesn't exactly align everything properly. Some textures are thrown off by other ones aligning.

Just remember that pressing A on each wall doesn't exactly align everything properly. Some textures are thrown off by other ones aligning.
Way ahead of you. I already have a few different techniques for dealing with that issue. And while I'm at it, I'm also changing around textures in various places to try to make things more attractive and varied.

Are all of those missing textures or how you call them in SAZ1 going to be fixed? I noticed I'm not the only one who noticed them...

Just want to add that I found some rings in LGZ 1 or 2 that don't float. Do you know what I'm talking about? If not, I could play through and get a screenshot of them.

Are all of those missing textures or how you call them in SAZ1 going to be fixed? I noticed I'm not the only one who noticed them...
I think you mean SAZ2. Yes, they were fixed. I think it's unfathomable that those even slipped under my radar in the first place.

Just want to add that I found some rings in LGZ 1 or 2 that don't float. Do you know what I'm talking about? If not, I could play through and get a screenshot of them.
Not sure I know what you're talking about. Post a screenshot if you can.
EDIT: I'm pretty sure I found the rings you're referring to. Now they have the Float flag.

By all means, I would love to hear about any other bugs anyone else can find. I've fixed a ton of them already, but some of you might spot things that I missed.

Another update: I recently examined SWZ1 and discovered that its Thok Barrier makes absolutely no sense. Seriously, if you open up SWZ1 in SRB2DB and carefully look at its Thok Barrier, you will burst out laughing. I am currently correcting this.

Last edited:
No, I didn't mean SAZ2. Here I'll try getting some screenshots... I hope I know how to do that... =X
Nope, doesn't work even though I give my direct location of the file. Anyway, if you go to where the token is and move a bit right from it, turn around, you'll see a line on the wall representing the background of the stage, and it disapears if you move towards it, and reappears if you move backwards. I also remember one near the invincibility monitor in the first room of the stage, but I couldn't find it at the moment...

Last edited:
No, I didn't mean SAZ2. Here I'll try getting some screenshots... I hope I know how to do that... =X
Nope, doesn't work even though I give my direct location of the file. Anyway, if you go to where the token is and move a bit right from it, turn around, you'll see a line on the wall representing the background of the stage, and it disapears if you move towards it, and reappears if you move backwards. I also remember one near the invincibility monitor in the first room of the stage, but I couldn't find it at the moment...

Isn't that just a graphical error?

Also Fawfulfan, can I get a screenshot of that awesome thok barrier? I'm not a windows user.

Also Fawfulfan, can I get a screenshot of that awesome thok barrier? I'm not a windows user.
No, because it doesn't actually cause visual errors (the reason why it went unnoticed for so long). It's just more of a problem on principle.

Fawfulfan, I really need to know what that telemarketing depot. *shot* is doing there in LGZ2. Look:
1 - It doesn't make any sense.
2 - All collectibles there are a Super Ring Box and a life, IIRC.
3 - It lags like hell.
4 - No interactivity.
5 - There is an annoying Sharp that entered with me in the 2D mode. Annoying.
6 - My computer crashed once when I tried to cross that room. Now, when I need to do so, I turn around begin to walk backwards. Of course, I get hit by the Sharp.
So, you have a choice to make. Get rid of that room, make it more fun and amusing or just make it with less lag.
Thanks.

Yeah, that room does lag. If keeping it, I'd suggest to put a switch in a random trash can or something in one of the rooms in it. I mean, I tried searching for a switch because I've seen a closed door, and after a while I finally thought of going to the door, which opens when your near it... =|

When I got to that room in LGZ, I was like OH WOW COOL but I had to look at the floor or wall while I went through just to stop the lag. I have to say though, I was impressed!

And what's wrong with the Thok Barrier in SWZ? I looked at it, couldn't figure out what you were talking about...

@Imarawrbadly>.<: Love your signature!

When I got to that room in LGZ, I was like OH WOW COOL but I had to look at the floor or wall while I went through just to stop the lag. I have to say though, I was impressed!!
Yes, I'm impressed of floors and walls as well. Though they look a bit 8- bit in SRB2.
@Imarawrbadly>.<: Love your signature!
Thank you, thank you. TRULY I AM AMAZING~!
So, any mod/admin noticed the first row of my sig yet? I wanna be named Metal- Rawr. As said in the introduction topic, I was probably drunk while making this account :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back